· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Gaming News
. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
neo3
# Posted: 4 Apr 2005 09:58

ESRB creates new tween-and-up rating

The ESRB is the rating agecny, which is like the same agency as the one they use for films. This agency has now come up with a new scrtfcat is something like the film's PG-13.

Gamers swarm Chinese World of Warcraft beta test

After breaking records in North America and Europe World of Warcraft is heading for China But it's only a beta test the game is not out yet but its did not stop gamers from registering, in the first hour the game opened 100,000 gamers signed up. the beta testing is suppose to start in about two weeks.

DS Fastest Selling UK Console EVER!

The DS Lunched last Friday and the remake of the N64's Mario 64 entered into the number 4th spot. The DS lunch seems to have got on to a great start with selling 87,000. This more than the GBA which sold on it's lunch day 67,000 while the GBA SP managed 47,000. However the biggest shock is that the DS has out sold the gamecube which sold only 69,000 units.

PSP postponed in Europe

With the DS Hugh Lunch the Handheld consle wars has started and nintendo have jumped out a head of the PSP.  Georges Fornay, chief of Sony Computer Entertainment France, has confirmed the unit's delay. The release is being postponed "for several months" so that Sony can adequately provide enough PSPs to satisfy the consumer demand.

Star Trek Online first details

Star trek is moving into the MMORPG. The details of the game is you start off a cadet and wrk your way up the ladder. All the departments are there from Engineering to  Security. There is going to be 7 races from the fedration. The game is set after the last film ST Nemsis it will draw from all the films and seies including Enterprise. There is no relase date but there will be a demo at E3 this year.

Elevation Partners acquires Eidos

After just one day British paper The Daily Telegraph reported that Eidos was being pursued by SCi Entertainment.  But it's rumored that Elevation Partners, headed by a board of directors that includes U2 Frontman Bono. The reporter offer is £71 million or $135 million.

New Sonic Game Revealed

In my Last Gaming news post I had detailes about a new Sonic game in the works for the Gamecube.

The big shock is that it's NOT Sonic, but his evil twin Shadow.

In-game footage shows Shadow sprinting around and shooting enemies with a rapid fire gun. The graphics are a lot better than previuos Sonic games. If there is no glitches in the game it should be out later this year some time.

demonvamp
# Posted: 4 Apr 2005 12:12

I bought a DS. That's the fasetest I've ever bought a new system in my whole bazillion years of gaming ;)

Queen Demon, who could not endorse this critter more.

lzrman
# Posted: 4 Apr 2005 20:47

I own a PSP and this sucker rules!!!!!!! every month the background changes a different shade of color for the season very kewl!

Spent 404 on 2 games the psp and a chrome case w/ the assesories!

neo3
# Posted: 12 Apr 2005 04:58

Nintendo setting up shop in NYC

Nintendo have announced plans that there going to open a massive retail store right in the mild of big apple. The store is in Manhattan's rockefeller center, the shop is called Nintendo World store which is two floors of nintendo things. The new nintendo shop will be where the pokemon center is but the pokemon center will not be closing but made smaller and will be in the new Nintendo store.

PSP sells 600,000 in the first week

Sony of America have put a figure of what the PSP have made sony in it's first week which is $150 million. Sony would say only that the device sold "over half a million" during it's first 48 hours on the market meaning that it sold only approximately 100,000 units countrywide over the next 5 days at best.

anth
# Posted: 12 Apr 2005 08:04

<!--QuoteBegin--neo3+April 04 2005,09:58--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (neo3 @ April 04 2005,09:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->PSP postponed in Europe<br><br>With the DS Hugh Lunch the Handheld consle wars has started and nintendo have jumped out a head of the PSP.  Georges Fornay, chief of Sony Computer Entertainment France, has confirmed the unit's delay. The release is being postponed "for several months" so that Sony can adequately provide enough PSPs to satisfy the consumer demand.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--><br>It's being postponed in Europe because they've been caught out with the demand in the U.S and Canada. The European units are being diverted there. <br><br><!--EDIT|anth|April 12 2005,08:06-->

david1
# Posted: 13 Apr 2005 04:43

X2-The Return has been cancelled, sicne the new X3 engine is ready, and they are going to concentrate on that instead ... but hopefully they will get the return back on if they can after the X3-Reunited get away!

seele01
# Posted: 13 Apr 2005 06:15

Feel like adding my own little piece

Koji Kondo the composer for Nintendo games has made it to 4th  spot on mobile ringtone downloads.  His musical piece is Super Mario.  That's right alot of people seem to be downloading the Super Mario brothers theme.  

For proof http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/airplay/ringtones.jsp

neo3
# Posted: 24 Apr 2005 02:55

I know ths is a bit late the more gaming news but I have had comp problems so here is some of it.

Nintendo setting up shop in NYC

Nintendo have announced plans that there going to open a massive retail store right in the mild of big apple. The store is in Manhattan's rockefeller center, the shop is called Nintendo World store which is two floors of nintendo things. The new nintendo shop will be where the pokemon center is but the pokemon center will not be closeing but made smaller and will be in the new Nintendo store.

PSP sells 600,000 in the frist week

Sony of America have put a figure of what the PSP have made sony in it's frist week which is $150 million. Sony would say only that the device sold "over half a maillion" during it's first 48 hours on the market maeaning that it sold only approximately 100,000 units continetwide over the next 5 days at best.

Namco comp pushed back to July

Japanese PS2 cluster of classics includes Ridge Racer, Tekken, and Klonoa; still no US release announced.

TOKYO--Namco announced today that its 50th anniversary compilation for the PlayStation 2, NamCollection, has been pushed back and will be released in Japan on July 21. That's nearly two months later than the originally announced release date of June 2.

NamCollection will consist of five classic PlayStation games: arcade driving game Ridge Racer, flagship fighting game Tekken, flight-combat simulator Ace Combat 2, fantasy-inspired platformer Klonoa, and quirky puzzler Mr. Driller.

In related news, this week Namco announced that it would be bringing the Namco Museum Battle Collection to North American PSPs.

eggburt
# Posted: 24 Apr 2005 12:09

If you don't use it already Neo buddy the best and most used news website by the gaming industry - http://www.shacknews.com

seele01
# Posted: 26 Apr 2005 05:38

Quoting from slashdot

"Sony has announced the official release date and price for the Sony PSP in Europe. The console will be released on September 1st 2005 and will retail for £179 (249). No launch titles have been revealed at this time, but the big games from the US launch are expected along with some more European developed titles."

Also on the same page is a story about a company planning on making an application that would act similar to the v-chip.  It checks the ESRB ratings for a game to determine whether the user is allowed to play it.  Obviously its up to the parents to control this.  Of course, parents could just monitor what their kids play.

Next up, four skydivers took a Nintendo DS along on a dive to test its wireless capabilities.  Apparentely they weer able to play 400 feet away from each other (while falling 120 miles to the earth).  Makes me wonder whats happeneing with the guys who are climbing everest with their DS.

Anyway, thats my little bits of news i've found.

eggburt
# Posted: 27 Apr 2005 08:24

Yes i saw about he PSP release date too, however you've been able to import them for £350 sicne december now, so anyone so eager they want it as soon as pos, just import it... Ridge Racer is my fave game on it i played yet.

david1
# Posted: 28 Apr 2005 04:32

WTF... on BBCi (interactive for UK people) ... there was a news thing about the sony psp, which will cost people in the uk £189 and people in the US £149.

Paying £350 for an import, that sounds very expensive, compared to the prices i saw.!

neo3
# Posted: 28 Apr 2005 06:35

The PSP will be out in the UK Thursday 1st September 2005 and will cost around £179.99

neo3
# Posted: 28 Apr 2005 07:16

Nintendo's former company president Hiroshi Yamauchi, 77, will be stepping down from his position on the board of directors after a shareholder meeting on June 29. Mr Yamauchi has been part of nintendo for 55 years. Mr Yamauchi was Presdinet back when nintendo where making card games in 1949. Mr Yamauchi was the person who gave the green light for nintendo to make the NES or the Famicom which was the frist step into the gaming world.

eggburt
# Posted: 28 Apr 2005 11:29

<!--QuoteBegin--david1+April 28 2005,04:32--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (david1 @ April 28 2005,04:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->WTF... on BBCi (interactive for UK people) ... there was a news thing about the sony psp, which will cost people in the uk £189 and people in the US £149.<br><br>Paying £350 for an import, that sounds very expensive, compared to the prices i saw.!<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--><br>Ah, well the price was right after it came out in japan and they didn't produce enougth (on purpose to push prices up).<br><br>I expect you could import it from USA for £120/150 if its going to cost £180 here. And i'm not surprised they place two different prices, they're cheeky like that, and perhaps predict america as a harder market (after all they find it harder to take on board new things, and so won't be able to accept the graphics are better then the DS' by a long shot).

seele01
# Posted: 11 May 2005 05:13

Well some plans have come out for Nintendo's online network.  First off they are teaming with Gamespy to provide an online network where you can play your DS with friends or complete strangers using that wonderful internet thing.  Next you can also use your DS at any of the wireless hotspots they are setting up, which will most likely be game stores.  There is supposed to be 1,000 going up in Japan.  Whats the best part, no subscription fee, this is a free service.  Hopefully they'll set this up world-wide rather quickly.

SEELE 01

neo3
# Posted: 11 May 2005 07:59

Silicon knights tema up with Sega

Silicon knights who redid Metal Gear solid and made Eternal Darkness have teamed up wityh one of the biggest names in the gaming world Sega. This two teams are set to produce a new second-party for the next-gen consoles. The game is one of the demos silicon knights did for the dolphin which was called Too Human. This game is the frist in a series of games that will be more adlut oriented game.

neo3
# Posted: 11 May 2005 13:03

On May 17th the biggest 4 days of the gaming world will start. But before that Nintendo's President Mr. Sarotu Iwata delivered the first concrete details of the revolution, in his speech Mr Iwata gave details of which companies are working on parts of the revolution. The two companies work on the Revolution are IBM who are working on the CPU which is codenamed Broadway with ATI who has worked on the Cube's graphics chip and now also working on the revolution which is code named Hollywood. But thats not all the Revolution will also be online from lunch day.

It’s not the grand unveiling which is still expected for E3 in May but Microsoft VP J Allard finally pulled back the curtain a bit on the next Xbox at a speech at this week’s Game Developers Conference. First off, he didn’t get too much into the actual specifics of the hardware, but it does sound like it is going to be called the Xbox 360. Even though he wouldn’t reveal a whole lot about the actual hardware of the machine, he did talk a lot about the new features Xbox Live is going to be getting, like an online marketplace where players can buy and sell their online creations.

neo3
# Posted: 13 May 2005 07:16

The run-up to summer is going to be a scorcher for Nintendo DS owners. In the month ahead, three more top titles are winging their way DS-wards: PAC-PIX, Ridge Racer DS and Another Code: Two Memories.

In PAC-PIX, coming May 20, you draw a Pac-Man on the Touch Screen and watch as he comes to life to gobble up ghosts. (See below for more.)

Ridge Racer DS, released June 3, is Namco&#8217;s new Nintendo DS version of the all-time classic racer, with Touch Screen car control and awesome 3D graphics.

Another Code: Two Memories, out June 24, is a point-and-click style graphic adventure using the Touch Screen and microphone. As youngster Ashley, you&#8217;ll become caught in a twist-laden plot as you explore a mysterious island looking for your missing father.

neo3
# Posted: 13 May 2005 07:36

X-box reveals next-gen console

The x-box 360 the worst-kept secret for a cnsole was unveiled at LA's Avalon nightclub. Which was film by MTV as a special TV event. It was offical confirmation that the consle dose exist, but the consle has been in development since the original x-box was launched. the consle it self can be put on it's side or lay flat same as the PS2 .

neo3
# Posted: 16 May 2005 05:26

BIG N FORGES NEW WORLD OF GAMES

In an interview with a Nikkei Business Mr Iwata once again gives more information about Nintendo's next home console. This is what he said in the japanese publication (sorry but i'm still learing japanese) "the next-generation console will follow along the same lines as the DS." He added. "The idea is for users to be able to connect to the internet without having to think about it." One detail already confrimed, is that you will be able to play Gamecube games on the Revolution ( the new console ) . Mr Iwata did not stop there, adding "Our goal with Revolution is to expand the market for games. The Current consoles are constantly getting more complicated." Mr Iwata also highlighted that the controller was part of the main deveploment, unlike some other companies, who just use the same controller. Mr Iwata went on to say. "The number of buttons on joypads has beed increasing steadily in recent years. hardcore players can still manage, but for inexperienced peole the degree of complexity is too big a barrier." He continued "For Revolution we plan to introduce a friendly user interface so that a mother who's watching her child playing a game might say. 'Oh, I'd like to try that too.' " So far the Revolution has had postitive reaction from most of the developers, this is because Nintendo are keeping the costs low by using the same of the development kit that is being used for the Gamecube , this will also mean the games will be coming out a lot faster.

War is coming to the DS

No, it's not a new Star Wars but one of the best games out for the GBA,  Advance Wars. The title of this game is called Advance Wars DS: Battle of Omega Land. There is also new COs, enemies and also brand new units. One of the new tanks I have seen a screen shot was a new tank called the G Tank which makes the Neo Tank look like a ant going up agansit the Death Star. The G Tank has 5 barrels on it and I can't wait to try it out. The gameplay has been changed as will but for the better instead of using one Co you can use two COs and you can swap around any time you what. Japanese gamers will be getting this game in about 2 months time.

Fire Emblem is coming to the Gamecube

One of the best games for the GBA, "Fire Emblem" is about to come on to the Gamecube. This is probably the most anticipated Gamecube game, apart from Zelda, the game is just 5 days away from being relased. Japanese gamers who buy the game on day 1 will get a free soundtrack of the game and a calender.

seele01
# Posted: 17 May 2005 07:18

Ok, here is a supposed pic of Nintendo's Revolution.

*edited for the millionth time*  IGN has some nice pics of the revolution so check it out.

http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/615/615030/imgs_1.html

seele01
# Posted: 18 May 2005 05:14

Time for a bit more Big N news, or a snippet since i am too lazy to write it all up.

As i am sure most people are aware, E3 is now on, and many details are emerging.

Nintendo showed it last, I mention it first.  The New Zelda game, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess was shown and its looking absolutely great.  Link also has the ablility to cahnge into a wolf in this title which gives him greater speed and agility as well as some little dude riding on his back.  Not alot on the story has been revealed, its in hyrule, hyrule is in danger and the wolf change thing is a result of the evil.  I suggest heading www.zelda.com and viewing the trailer and details there.  Can't wait to get my hands on this one, I will pre-order it as soon as possible i assure you.

There are quite a few quicktime movies that have been released, some of my favourites were Advance Wars : Dual Strike and Geist.  I will be looking for some more tonight.  Advance wars looks great and i read taht its possible to have battles occuring on both screens.  So if you are losing the battle on one screen simply send some reinforcements to the other to bolster forces.  This is looking great.  Geist is a game i will have to get this year, possessing people and creatures and then using them to access areas.  Hopefully more will be revealed on this game soon.

Should probably mention something about the online abilities.  Nintendo claim that by the end of this year the DS will be online for gamers around the world, using WIFI and for those who don't have access even using a USB port on your comp.  They have a list of about 25 games that will take advantage of this feature, including the new Mario Kart DS.  Nintendo expect about 90% of Ds owners to use the online network, and i know i will.

Lastly the Revolution, Pics have been released of the console whose size is approxiamately 3 DVD cases and said to get smaller for the final design.  It is entirely wireless according to what i read, controllers, WIFI connection and even to the TV.  Not sure on how they plan to do all this stuff wireless stuff as surely power is need.  Probably the best part is that not only is it backawards compatible, it will also have access to a number of the best games on the N64, SNES and even NES.  Maybe multiplayer will even be available.  No word on the controller or the revolutionary aspect but hopefully they will let us know soon.

Bound to be stuff i have missed, going back in search of more videos and pics now though.

Since i am a Nintendo fan and only interest in Nintendo, anyone want to list stuff on the other consoles.

dookie
# Posted: 18 May 2005 08:09

Hey guys!

Nintendo is here to stay!!  :)

Here you'll find the Nintendo press conference :
http://www.gamespot.com/news....nf1.asx

neo3
# Posted: 19 May 2005 01:57

Here is a pic from E3 O5 of the PS3   Here is one of the X-box 360

neo3
# Posted: 19 May 2005 11:33

Here are the pics of Nintendo's two new consoles the frist is the Gameboy Micro and the Revolution

neo3
# Posted: 19 May 2005 12:38

Here are some screen shots of the new zelda game  

neo3
# Posted: 29 May 2005 13:23

New Bond Game
There is a new Bond game which is a movie tie-in but it's not the lastest bond film but a classic bond film From Russia with Love. All the actors from the film who are still alive. There was screenshots of the game at E3 this year.

Final Fanstasy about to storm the charts
No it's not a new game coming out but the music from FFI to XI (excluding FF III) the music will be only available at apple's itunes music store in the USA. At this time this only availabe in the USA but it might be coming out in europe.

neo3
# Posted: 2 Jun 2005 11:38

Advance wars on more for the Cube

Don't worry the game has not moved to the PS2 or the X-box. The game just has been renamed to Battlion Wars, there is no set relase date but it should be out some time this year. There is 20 missions in all but they are huge and you can play your own style. So if you what to attack form a tank or a plane you can, you can also take in a small commando squad but you can still can call in over heavy artillery. With the DS version of Advance wars on the way, the two games will most likely be link together for more missions.

neo3
# Posted: 4 Jun 2005 10:03

The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

A New Legend is Born.

When an evil shadow stretches from the heart of Hyrule to its peaceful borderlands, a young farm boy named Link must awaken the hero within and stand tall in defense of his village. Lead Link and his beloved steed into battle against hordes of foul creatures with an incredible horseback combat system, then take on massive bosses that have to be seen to be believed. The last ray of hope for a dying realm, Link finds himself on an epic journey that will challenge him endlessly and transform him in ways unimaginable.

. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.122
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0