· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / London, Ontario - Summer '06
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
nobbe
# Posted: 7 Oct 2005 02:13

Alrighty everyone. Tomorrow (or this coming week) I'll be calling around to see what the best deal is to get a small block of rooms for a union.

Furthermore - I'm sure you'll be asking yourself "When is the union?!" Well, I hereby propose April 12 - 19 (Wednesday to Wednesday). Any objections? Better weekend? That's two weekends before exams, B.

Anyway, what's there to do in London? Full details can be found at: http://www.londontourism.ca/

The snapshot includes:
Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum (The)
Covent Garden Market
Flagswipe Paintball Ltd.
Bowling
LazerTag (AKA: Quazar)
Labatt Breweries Tour
Banting House National Historical Site of Canada (Place of Invention for insulin)
Museum London
Royal Canadian Regiment Museum
Fine and Casual Dining
Great shopping oppourtunities
The Grand Theatre (Rock and Roll by John Gray is playing in April)
Indoor Rock Climbing

Of course, that's not even mentioning London's Night Life! From Gay to Straight Irish to English - there's a bar for everyone, no matter if you prefer a pub with live music to a rock your body thumpa thumpa (it's the gay pulse, dontcha know? Just ask Emmett! =d) London's got it all! Every night of the week! So:
*starts a groovin'*
Ladies (move)
Gentlemen (move)
Somebody ring the alarm
A fire on the roof
Ring the alarm (and I'm throwin' elbows)
Oh, I'm overdue
Give me some room
I'm comin through
Paid my dues
In the mood
Me and the girls gonna shake the room
DJ's spinning (show your hands)
Let's get dirrty (that's my jam)
I need that, uh, to get me off
Sweat until my clothes come off
It's explosive, speakers are pumping (oh)
Still jumping, six in the morning
Table dancing, glasses are mashing (oh)
No question, time for some action
Temperature's up (can you feel it)
About to erupt
Gonna get my girls
Get your boys
Gonna make some noise

*ahem* Right! You're here listening to my London Union Promo...  :} ;) I think that's about it. If a groovin' Thommay's not enough to get you all here, I don't know what will - and yes, if anyone comes to 181 with me (mah gay bar!;), you'll see a Thommay gettin' down and Dirrrty. ;) So, until later, ladies, gents, I'm gonna get my girls - get your boys and lets make some noise! =d

danny
# Posted: 7 Oct 2005 05:14

Thommah!

We must go to jack astors down there *lol* that place is sweet.

Danny

brady
# Posted: 7 Oct 2005 05:18

*swings in with nipple tassles and gold hot pants*  Hiii!  =d  I mean.. G'Day.  *sips beer*

Sounds like a grand event.  Before exams, you say FaceMan?   :?  See how I go I suppose.  *l*  Meh, I don't really need to study I suppose.  Lazertag sounds way more fun!  

Looks like all the cool kids are coming, too!  Whoo!  Anyone under 19 (drinking age in Canada, I'm told) thinking of coming?  We shall be sure to schedule in some grand under-age fun too.  Like pushing Marc over in the sandpit..  :?

sidne
# Posted: 9 Oct 2005 12:16

have I mentioned that I desperately want to come but have no money and will be in school at the time? :(

brady
# Posted: 9 Oct 2005 17:57

Have I mentioned that I will teach you whatever rubbish they claim to be teaching you, but with a Brady twist.. there will be vodka shots upon each correct and incorrect answer to the Quiz.  =)  Of which there will be three each week.  Or seven, depending on your stamina.

daecrist
# Posted: 10 Oct 2005 21:33

This is definitely a good date to go with.  Far enough from exams that I can probably take time off for a weekend, but there must be promisese of alcohol.  Lots and lots of alcohol.   :D

citron
# Posted: 10 Oct 2005 21:42

Those are good dates :)
I'll be there during that week :P probably only for a few days though (can't do the whole week due to work....)

mezoti
# Posted: 11 Oct 2005 07:37

I want to come! :(

But uh, I'd only be 18, and in school, and I doubt I could convince my parents I was going for a 'school project' :?

obi_to
# Posted: 11 Oct 2005 11:43

I will totally be there, for sure! Yay for unions! I will someday rule the world!!!! :o

brady
# Posted: 11 Oct 2005 22:30

HAL:  By now, you should know, Brady and alcohol are somewhat synonymous.  I may be so drunk when I meet you that I will call you HAL, instead of Andrew.  With shouting to represent the capital letters.  Now, I drink vodka, bourbon, rum and wine (red only) usually in that order and often on the same night.  We shall have a grand time.  There will be no diving.  

Brandi:  We shall have some under-age events happening too!  =d  Drinking in the park, drinking by the playground, drinking in lazer hunt, drinking at Tom's house, drinking at my house.. =)  Just bring a cup!  =d  No, I jest.  If you can convince your parentals (I can write a letter on official letter head and all) stow away to our party town and join in the festivities.  All are welcome.  And I don't even live there yet!  =d

Dawn:  Yis!  Come one, come all.  Bring your teddy bears.  Short or long stay, we will welcome you all.  Bring cup.

eagle
# Posted: 12 Oct 2005 07:47

Yay! London! *l* I can drive there. =D
It's still cold as all get-out in April. =(
Brandi- Get yourself as far as you-know-where and I can drive you up. Or heck, I might even be able to swing as far down as Chicago.
Tom- I still have reserve space on your floor, right? =P

nobbe
# Posted: 15 Oct 2005 18:30

As long as you don't mind the chance that someone'll be sharing my bed with me. =d  :?

nobbe
# Posted: 15 Oct 2005 18:39

YES! I'm coming!
Eagle!
Danny!
Brady!
Dawn!
Luc!
Obi-To!
Katrina!
Al!
Thommay! (at least... I should be...being as I'm hosting it... =\

Maybe...
Hal...
Brandi...
Paigely...
Sidne...
Tyler...

brady
# Posted: 16 Oct 2005 00:33

Oohhh.. all the cool kids are coming!  =d

If people are really tight and can't afford a room, we might be able to squeeze a body into our place too.  But I've never actually been to this place, so I don't know how big it is or anything.. I shall know by January.

I suspect my mate and my boyfriend who will also be living in the imaginary place will require only breakfast cooked in the morning (before lunctime, that is) as payment.

B

eagle
# Posted: 20 Oct 2005 10:25

I like breakfast. =)

Dear Thommy (let it be known that the correct spelling of your name has no "A" =P),

Just so long as the ceiling/wall/floor/[insert structural surface between your room and my sleeping spot here] doesn't start shaking, we're good. =P

[The paragraph formally contained in this space here (which originally took more space, as a paragraph might) was removed as not all persons may share my love and appreciation for satirical humor. Suffice to say it was funny, and that you're all missing out.]

Oh, and I think I'll have to leave London a bit early to be back for a load-in and show call, but I can play that by ear the week of.

cheers,
~Eagle~

nobbe
# Posted: 22 Oct 2005 08:48

I should make something clear about my place, though. It's an appartment. Thusly, the appartment (with roommate) has limited space and I will be discussing how many people I can have over for that period of time. If he's down with having someone sleep in the living room, cool, if not...well, it'll be a tight squeeze all into my room (obviously everyone'll have to be conciderate of sleeping space). I'm sure we can work something out though.

Ciao!

eagle
# Posted: 22 Oct 2005 20:12

Stop being serious, it ruins my buz. =(

shadow_jedi
# Posted: 23 Oct 2005 01:10

Hi, folks! As of this evening, I don't see any reason why I wouldn't be able to attend this fine shindig. I will discuss with the Mrs. and all that jazz, but put me down on the "maybe" list, sir! I'll see what I can do to be there for any or all of it.

-- Tyler

edit: Also, I reserve Tommy's bed if nobody else has taken it. *nods* ;) :D

--
CL5 Shadow Jedi
Poetry Guild
Library

brady
# Posted: 24 Oct 2005 01:59

Yay!  *adds Tyler to the maybe list*

rpmobsession
# Posted: 8 Nov 2005 20:23

Aww... The Mrs. wants to come, but I doubt it. *l* Unless anyone has some magical powers to convince my mother that I'm not too young. *l* Or, if anyone has any super awesome schemes, which I'm never oppose to. ;):P

RPMObsession

P.S. And it falls right during my Spring Break!!!! Ugggh...I wanna come! Boy, take me.  :D

brady
# Posted: 9 Nov 2005 00:13

Too young?  How old are you?

I have a plan!  Tell your mother it's a school excursion.  =d  Then, I'll hijack a school bus, populate it with movie starts looking to get experience as school kids and pick you up from your house.  =)  It will be educational, I assure you!  Plus, exciting - seeing as how I've never driven outside of Australia and I have no idea how to get anywhere.

Or, worst case scenario, sell it to them as a family holiday.  Then when you're all up here, ditch them and came to lazer tag with us.

rpmobsession
# Posted: 9 Nov 2005 14:20

Well, considering I'll be 16, on my own with my boyfriend, in a "foreign" country, and with people I know off the net...It's very negative circumstances against me. *l*

And, the school bus...oh yea, totally. *l* But, I told her last night and she laughed and walked off...I'll suggest the whole..."Come with....." to her next time. ;) :D

RPMO

shadow_jedi
# Posted: 9 Nov 2005 21:37

B, I'll drive the bus! And then, when we get there, you can drive down the street, get her, and drive back up the street! =D Then, you don't have to worry as much about driving! *nods* And, I've driven all over the damn South, so it wouldn't be any problem! =D *l* Yeah.

-- Shadow

brady
# Posted: 11 Nov 2005 05:22

Sounds good, Ty!  Then, once I've done my driving part, I can have drinkies in the back.  =)  Will it be a long journey?  Will there be a mini-bar?

shadow_jedi
# Posted: 11 Nov 2005 12:20

Yes! And, yes! Plenty of time for drinkies! =D With a wide assortment, of course. This is gonna be the most kickin'est bus ever! =D

brady
# Posted: 11 Nov 2005 16:33

Sounds splendid.  Now, your job is to get Candices' parents to agree to it all, Ty!  :o

shadow_jedi
# Posted: 11 Nov 2005 22:04

Yes! :o Or, we could just kidnap her? :k

polson
# Posted: 12 Nov 2005 21:41

I could maybe come.  But I told AJ the same thing about hoochie mama, so who knows how reliable I am.

citron
# Posted: 13 Nov 2005 07:16

Just an update... I'm going to try to work my trip to England around this union :P But depending on flights and time off work and school, I might not be able to :(
I'm sorry, but the boyfriend needs me over there as soon as I can (yes... needs, something about missing me :P sheesh *lol* )

shadow_jedi
# Posted: 14 Nov 2005 09:35

Pfft, silly boys, always needing their girls... :o

Wait... :v :(

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.074
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0