· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / OTF SW Fan Film Project.
. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
anth
# Posted: 31 Aug 2005 03:14

I felt the old SW film thread may be misleading to potential new team members, now that the project has had an overhaul. Alot of the information over on the old thread will be out of date as of now. It will not be deleted, as there's still some interesting stuff there to look through to give you an idea of what we're about.

So, i've made this new thread to support the film in its new incarnation. Here you'll be able to follow the progress, read updates and news, post your intentions to help, and find out how you can get involved.

To briefly outline where we are right now, we're in the process of writing a new script. Once that's done, casting will begin, you can apply for parts in the film, and the facts of exactly what we'll need will become apparent. When we are at that stage, you'll here about it i promise. It will be prominently advertised at the Outpost.

Please post here from now on regarding participation or interest in the OTF Star Wars fan film. :)

stewie
# Posted: 1 Sep 2005 14:41

Just want to mention we have reached the first draft stage of the script.

There is indeed oppurtunity for filming overseas too..for holo transmissions and a couple of scenes that don't involve the british cast.

I personally like the way the story is going...I believe it encompasses the traditional themes of star wars, the key themes being friendship, and unlikely heroes, struggle, oppression.

I'm still waiting to hear back from anth but I only sent the script a mere five minutes ago.

I've done my best to embrace the "themes" and keep this from being a fan boy movie. It is indeed a character driven plot.

demonvamp
# Posted: 1 Sep 2005 20:03

Send me a copy, guys?

QD

anth
# Posted: 2 Sep 2005 18:11

QD : I don't object to you having a script, if Stewart doesnt *L*. Given that you're among the biggest supporters of this project, and somebody who can always be counted on to help out in any way you can. I don't see why you can't have one, i'll just check to see if it's ok. :P

The new script is amazing! It really blew me away with the depth of the characters, and the general feel of how SW should be. It's an adventure, and a journey, which is always SW at its best.

It is in no way a "fan boy" bit of fiction. Nothing is in there for the sake of it.

Stewart ( Evil ) must take all the credit for injecting much needed life and organization into this project. He has written the script, there are a few elements of my old script in there, but it's 99% his work.

I can promise anybody who joins us, cast or crew, that you'll be in for a great deal of fun, and you'll be part of something very special. But, mostly, it will be something you can be very proud of participating in.

I can't confirm that much right now. But, there will be an opportunity for an overseas film shoot. So, there's chances for members away from the British core of filming to take part.

If you live in the U.K there are huge numbers of ways you can help. I'm sure a list of vacant jobs will appear very soon.

Keep it here for news. :)

stewie
# Posted: 3 Sep 2005 12:59

Anth, Pending my next "script" Mail, talking bout the small addition, you can send it, so long as we maintain a small degree of secrecy about it...

There are indeed plenty of  roles (cast and crew) for members all over the world..

Though till I have a production meeting  (virtual, or RT) I can't confirm exactly what roles they are... Rest assured.

We need people who are good with organisation and schedules...

We need people who are good communicators

We need thousands of things... Anth and I can't wear all the hats... and come the main shoot.... we want our job to be as easy as possible.... that means we don't want to worry if the props are set, because someone will be responsible....we don't want to worry bout lunch, cuz someone will be responsible......

We know people can double up cast and crew roles, but we don't want to overload people.....

Also we would like to set up UNITS

UNIT A (UK)
UNIT B (USA)

UNIT B  we need a volenteer or two to head this unit immediately.... Set up their own production team as the uk are doing.... this is for the production shoot....

Now the rest of the world is probablly wondering when we get to them....

PRE & POST PRODUCTION...

Once anth and i get to meeting , we need volenteers to make physical props and coustume items....

I can't say what they are untill then......

Props includes set props btw... like wall panels to dress a plain room and make it look star wars...

Thats it from me now, expect to hear more following the meeting.

neo3
# Posted: 4 Sep 2005 07:20

I would like to help with the fight choreography

stewie
# Posted: 5 Sep 2005 11:29

Neo, No problem, we  would love your help on this. You'll have to act as a go between Anth and Andrew... we will film you as a stand in then send the footage to those you are standing in for...

I have one more mail to send anth then he can announce the Definite Casting thus far....(those people cast know who they are) and the cast roles still open (of which there are several major ones) also those darned crew positions that must be filled..there are also a few voice roles up for casting.

Expect the next message here to be from anth annoucning those very things.... once we have the roles then we can better communicate to the neccessary people

anth
# Posted: 7 Sep 2005 15:13

We need you!

Hi all. :) *drum roll*

Here is the long awaited cast list for the film. Anybody from OTF is welcome to apply for a part. You'll notice in brackets after the character name there is a list of locations which the character has to be in. This should give you a sense of how big a part it is.

Rather than giving all the information in a hugely long list here, i'll just say, please contact either myself or stewie ( Evil Incarnate ) for a full brief on the commitment level of the role you're interested in. Remember, it's important you do not over commit, we'd rather you took the role that's suited to you,  than be unrealistic in terms of time you can contribute. We've run into troubles on this project in the past with people apparently over commiting.

There are all kinds of parts up for grabs, from starring roles, to one off scenes, voice acting, and a good few opportunities for those away from the British core of actors, and crew. There are many and varied roles for those overseas too.

Anyway, here's the full cast list. Some parts have been filled. But, there are many others as you can see. Please feel free to ask any questions you like here in the forum. If you are interested, get in touch, and we'll sort out an audition. Which will take the form of mailing a sound file of yourself, reading a few lines from a movie, in addition to a photograph of yourself.

Those that have contacted us already, or have expressed an interest to remain as a cast member from the first SW film incarnation. Here's confirmation of your new roles.

Thanks again to everybody who's stayed onboard, and was good enough to keep intouch, and remain part of this. I'm sure when you see the script, you'll be very happy with your new parts in the film. :)

CAST

Morini Danu ( gs, yun's hut home, forest/quarry, forest, ruins, )( U.K ) - Lupus.

Meeko ( gs, ruins, yun's hut/home, forest/quarry, forest, )( U.K ) - Neo Hawkeye.

Meeko Voice ( U.K or overseas ) - Shadow Jedi.

Captain Torrel ( male )( major character. 3 location shoots. green screen, forest and quarry )  ( U.K ) -

Darth Vader ( SKY BRIDGE, green screen,  ruins, forest/quarry, )( U.K ) - Demon Slayer.

Master Yun ( ruins, yun's hut/home, green screen (hologram) )( U.K ) - Anth.

Kendra ( female )( major character. 2 location shoots. green screen and ruins ) ( U.K )

Emperor Palpatine ( SKY BRIDGE, green screen )  ( U.K ) - Stewart ( Evil Incarnate ).

Kaleb ( green screen, forest/quarry, forest, ruins ) ( U.K ) - Boomer Robins.

Voice Of Darth Vader ( U.K or overseas ) - Boomer Robins.

Young Morini ( girl )( 1 scene ) ( U.K or overseas )

Young Yun ( boy )( 1 scene ) ( U.K or overseas )

Jabba The Hutt Voice ( 1 scene ) ( U.K or overseas )

Jabba’s Aide ( male or female )( 1 scene - Green screen or dark screen ) ( U.K or overseas )

Imperial Officer ( male )( 1 scene - green screen ) ( U.K )

Stormtrooper (s) ( U.K or overseas )

Jedi 1 ( male or female )( 1 scene - forest ) ( overseas part. )

Jedi 2 ( male or female )( 1 scene - forest ) ( overseas part )

Force Adept ( 1 scene - coruscant night ) ( U.K )

Passer By 1 ( 1 scene - coruscant night ) ( U.K )

Passer By 2 ( 1 scene - coruscant night ) ( U.K )

Snobby Man ( 1 scene - coruscant night ) ( U.K )

Snobby Woman ( 1 scene - coruscant night ) ( U.K )

Informer… ( 1 scene - coruscant night ) ( U.K )

Rebel Officer Voice.. ( male )( 2 scenes )( U.K or overseas )

Overseas character's and production

This is an opportunity for those away from the U.K, or unable to travel to London, to take part. It's our hope that a group a OTF'ers can get together for this overseas production. As it does reflect the OTF community to feature members from around the world in the film.

As you'll see, there's also numerous other ways to get involved if you live outside the U.K.

Remeber it's not just actors who will get this film made. We need all kinds of help to make up the production crew. Contact myself of Stewart for full details of the many, many ways you can help.

All are welcome, everybody is needed!

Believe me, we can use anybody's help on this project. Please let us be the judge of how useful you are. So, if you feel you'd like to help. Please post here or mail to the adresses below.

Filming will begin in April. But we need to fill these posts now. We are well into the initial stages of "pre production" and confirmation of parts cast, and positions filled will be a huge help.

Anth : anthmartian@gmail.com
Stewart ( Evil Incarnate ) : evil@outpost10f.com

deanna
# Posted: 8 Sep 2005 06:02

Ya know...I think this is a General Chatter worthy topic. That and I think it's cool and needs a bit of exposure. And it sounds like a blast, and I'm all about having fun around the dead halls of OTF lately *L*
Have a look...Read it over...Wanna help?

:)

~Kymburlee

(CT if anyone moves this will you shoot them for me? :P)

jadzia_jones1
# Posted: 8 Sep 2005 15:23

who wants to make OTF's history? Yes? well add here or email *l*
Jadzia

stewie
# Posted: 8 Sep 2005 16:54

That's it folks, sign up for one of the most amazing experiences of your lives, the chance to  make a piece of otf history, a permanant record, your own piece of immortality, captured forever on the silver screen.

We need actors, we need crew... and most of all

NO EXPERIANCE NECESSARY!

What we are after is people who are able to commit (scary word) to their given role..

People who are Passionate about film!

(you are here because you love movies, "THESE" movies)

We are not asking for film school graduates, we are not asking for experts in any field, just those who want to help..

Between Anth, Myself and the small crew assembled we have the bases covered.... what we need, is people...

We can teach you what you need to know to do your job, its not just about using your existing skills and talents, its also an oppurtunity to learn some new ones....

so if you are overseas and can get together with some otf'ers and want to shoot some over seas scenes, go for it, we can help you do it....

If you can travel to the location shoots on the uk days of filming and make a commitment to it.... go for it...we can teach you all you need to know....

all we are asking for here... is passion and commitment....

anything else...

we can teach you...

so in the words of the whitestripes... "lets do it"...

shadow_jedi
# Posted: 9 Sep 2005 23:01

Depending on when, I could quite possibly be able to make it overseas to the UK to do some live acting, or whatever you all need. *l* When y'all decide when, let me know ASAP and I'll see if I can't go over there.

-- Shadow

anth
# Posted: 10 Sep 2005 03:41

Shadow : That would be great, if it all works out. When you you be finalizing your travel plans? I'm sure between us all we can sort out a date(s). I'll ask Stewart to post firm dates for filming. I can say at the moment, it will definately be from the beginning to mid April 2006. :)

stewie
# Posted: 10 Sep 2005 14:46

Welcome aboard shadow, Can't confirm exact dates yet, shooting time is likely to be four consecutive days in this time period... however it would be nice if we could have one or two days brief and rehersal, we can still brief and rehease prior each shoot, but it would be nicer if we could do it the other way.......and of course leave us all a little more unwind time after the shoots.... and make sure things go smooth as possible, the uk cast have the luxuary of being able to meet prior to rehesals,  overseas guests i'd like the chance to rehearse, course beauty of sound recording is i can listen to your reading of your script parts and give you direction notes via the internet....

Once i have the fixed dates for the shooting, it is up to you if you want to add a few days prior for rehersal /breifing purposes...its not a requirement, only turning up on the shoot is-w-

stewie
# Posted: 11 Sep 2005 15:27

I'll say I'm looking at

Friday the 7th of April
         thru
Monday the 10th of April

As our uk main shoot window...

This is the shooting window for the bulk of our scenes..

thats 27  on location scenes
and 15 green screen scenes to be shot in that period.

Shadow, having followed your dossier links I already have you in mind for a key role.... so if you can make it, that will be fantastic.....

Note to actors, we can't provide costume for you, though the only costume that really needs work is vader (and I must tell you, we are progressing very well on building that, we have the materials and some excellent tutorials)

anth
# Posted: 11 Sep 2005 15:49

To carry on the costume theme. I'd urge anybody involved, or thinking of joining in to check out e-bay for costume and props, there's even sewing patterns on there for a couple of pounds.

But, please run everything past myself, or Stewart before you commit to any purchase. Just to make sure there is not a certain style or requirement for a character.

Things are looking great on this project! We've had news this weekend of our first Stormtrooper signing up to appear. ( cool eh!? and i did hear this guy can shoot straight too! so that's one up on Lucas's films. :P )

jpicard
# Posted: 11 Sep 2005 21:18

Hey!

I offered to make a website for the film and Anth accepted. Here is a working draft. Give me all of your negative opinions, and I'll work to make it better. Also, I just used the banner I found in this forum, and I think Anth is working on making an actual logo to be added the site/blog. There is also a blog, as was requested by Anth. I, unfortunatly am the only one that can add new topics, but I'm online for several hours everyday (yes, I have no life *l*), so if any of y'all need something added, just drop me a line. My email is jpicard@outpost10f.com and my MSN is omgroves2005@yahoo.com if you need to get a hold of me.

So lemme know what you think about the site!

Thanks!
~JP

Edit: Also, all the links except Main and Blog on the page are broken, I'll write those when I get a set format once I get comments on this site.

jpicard
# Posted: 11 Sep 2005 21:22

Also, I worked way back when on the film "Dark Ressurection." Is that a different film, or is this the same thing with a new name?

stewie
# Posted: 11 Sep 2005 22:21

Hi Jp, Glad to see this going up. I'll let Anth do the site suggestions, I like what I see so far, clear, concise, informative and quick to load..I'm sure Anth can give you more direction on the web design than I can.

Answers to your questions

The Dark Times is Dark Ressurection Re-imagined.

Dark Ressurection was the test run, it served its purpose. There are elements of Dark Ressurection in The Dark Times
however it  is an entirely new story with different characters.

Even some dialouge from Dark Ressurection survived to the Dark Times.

(This Will be the DVD Blurb)
STAR WARS THE DARK TIMES

The Jedi Purge which began in Episode 3 still continues through these "Dark Times"...

Everyone from exiled Jedi to untrained Force Adepts are being hunted down and destroyed by the Empire.

Leading this inquisition is the Emperor's sinister apprentice, Darth Vader.

The Story Follows the tormented former Jedi Rini aboard the smuggler ship "The Daemon Queen". An unplanned mission to a remote planet brings Rini back to her estranged Jedi Master Yun: A Jedi Master who happens to be Vader’s next target..

Rini and her shipmates quickly find themselves in a bitter struggle with the relentless, unstoppable and menacing
Vader..

Set nine years after "Revenge Of The Sith" and nine years  prior to "A New Hope" This film fills the gaps between the Prequel and Original Trilogy and Celebrates the Saga's most prolific character.. "Darth Vader"

shadow_jedi
# Posted: 12 Sep 2005 09:26

I haven't any travel plans, yet. *l* I would be making them for this trip. So, whatever works for you guys, I'll see what I can do.

-- Shadow

stewie
# Posted: 12 Sep 2005 16:34

Okies Friday The 7th of April 2006 is the starting date of uk "bulk" scenes. Monday the 10th of April 2006 will be the last day of filming the uk bulk scenes.

Shadow if these days you can make that would be excellent.
DS has offered to use his place to crash for some people, obviously I'll have my place too and we may have another local willing to accomadate for this...

As the shooting schedule will involve getting up early I suggest you make use of these offers on the nights before the shoot days, last thing you want to do is worry bout travel on these days..

Anyone who can make it a few days prior to shooting so we can get some rehersals in, would be a welcome help.

To anybody coming from overseas....or those not sure if they can make it.

I would like full confirmations that people have booked, by the first week of december.. this is so we have plenty of time to look for alternative cast members should the need arise.

stewie
# Posted: 14 Sep 2005 18:26

Okies , technically this is just to bump the forum, i admit that, we need the publicity... it would also help if all on board this project (thats a few of you) would add something to this post, I'm pretty sure theres quite a few people missing this thread.

another suggestion, if you are involved in this project, add a link in your dossier to this thread, have it in your tag line.. we need a blitz of advertising..

brady
# Posted: 18 Sep 2005 01:01

Ahoy!

I've pinned this thread so it won't fall to the bottom of the pile anymore.  I think this is such an exciting project it deserves all the attention it can get.  Even if it is Star Wars.. =(  

I'd be happy to offer my help wherever I can, although I don't have a huge ammount of time to pour into it.  However, my studies do involve alot of popular culture deconstruction and I've done a few courses on creative and effective writing forms.. So if I can help, let me know.  

We can un-pin this thread down the track, but for now it might get you guys some more attention.  Keep up the good work!

Brady

hongjun
# Posted: 18 Sep 2005 02:47

Hey,

Yeah it does sound like a cool project, alas not much I can do from far away Yan'an though:(

Though if there is anything I can do,l let me know.

Hong

stewie
# Posted: 18 Sep 2005 05:15

Thanks for pinning the thread Brady. Its a great help, We have a script we are ready to go with and a storyboard too, now its the long post production stage which is aquiring props, set dressing and costuming.

We could use any talents on offer however   regardless of locations in the world, for example there is oppurtunity for people over seas to film certian scenes, knowing there is a
group of you getting together canada next year would be ample oppurtunity to get your faces on screen (none of you are that repugnent as to turn our audience off- wink) so i wonder if it might be an idea for you to persue...

we'll certianly not be turning offers for help down....I think anth mentioned before, if this project proves a success there may be a chance of a trek fan feature (providing paramount are as nice with legalities as lucas film)

stewie
# Posted: 21 Sep 2005 07:27

Just a note...

Those that have recieved the group e-mail invite for this project

Be jolly nice if you would accept -w-... theres a lot of discussion currently going on between anth and myself
would be nice to hear your voices too.

We are still casting and crewing, so let us know on here if you would like to be involved..

we are still looking for prop masters and grips and anyone who can turn up to the shoot enthused and happy.

I'll let you know where we stand so far... Anth, Debowli, Demon Slayer and myself are currently in pre production now building props and set pieces and vaders costume....

We have a stormtrooper complete with armour, and we will be purchasing another set of armour for this film.

Sylvius be great if you could do that too.... yer minted after all-w-

The cut off point for casting is december... props cut off point is January

we film april 7th -10th... in the uk  (note: there are plenty scenes for non uk people to shoot between january and febuary where ever they are)

Why do we have these deadlines?

Simply because if we have to cast outside the out post due to lack of response.., we want to be prepared and have plenty of time to do so...

As i mentioned in the first thread... We are planning this to the letter.

Trust me when I say this is being treated as a professional production by Anth and I , Debowli, Ds

It is already eating into our real time lives quite heavily....

A few more responses, even if its simply encouragement rather than offers of help would be most welcome...

The more people talk about this project, the more likely it is that others are going to hear about it..

follow ups...

Both Anth and I respond to all offers of help, auditions etc
It would be nice if people responded to our responses*smile*

It just lets anth and I know who is in and what not and  prepare and be able to move forward...

Bassically, The point of this message is this... April seems a long way away but it is not.... its not that far in the future at all  in terms of pre production we are actually cutting it fine...

We need a to hit the ground running... I can't speak for anth, but frankly silence gets to me. It really takes all of two seconds to respond to mail saying

"Still interested, but busy atm write to you soon"
Alternatively we don't mind "bad news" either... such as
"Unfortunately I won't be able to make it"  At least it lets us prepare...

I understand people have real time commitments, anth understands that, we just asking not to be left wondering...

dracmus
# Posted: 21 Sep 2005 09:43

Busy little Evil is.....

Ok, I'm camera shy, always have been, and I don´t have the money to come over. :(

But.... I do offer some PR for the Tribune. And I also have to put some in the archives. Even if it´s still going... this is history in the making. And that means I got to have it!

So if you could get in contact with me then I can start writing. :)

anth
# Posted: 21 Sep 2005 11:27

Stewart is spot on. It was a lack of commication that was the death nail for the last film incarnation. Or more precisely, just a general lack of response from people that needed to be heard from in order to progress.

We really would like to have as large an input as possible from Outpost members. But, we will not stop if we don't get it. There are too many of us working too hard for that. We'll turn to outside resources to get the job done, as there are plenty of members of the general public itching to be in a Star wars film. It would be a very nice touch though, to have as many OTF'ers as possible on those famous blue end credits. :)

Dracmus : Hi, no problems with that, we'll keep you updated on things as they happen.

I did have some discussion with Miss Maul a week or so back. There was a chance of a small production for a film scene taking place in the Netherlands. Involving MM and Monny. I've not heard back from either lately. But, if you did want to get involved behind the scenes, that could be a good chance. :)

demonvamp
# Posted: 21 Sep 2005 18:21

Sorry, I've been a bit quite but I've been a bit busy. I'm going to check through all the stuff as soon as I can and see if I can help beyond pep squad *which is pretty lame, I admit*.

QD ;)

stewie
# Posted: 21 Sep 2005 18:26

Thanks Anth.

Dracmus e-mail my outpost addy  evil@outpost10f.com  with a list of questions, i'll forward them to anth and we can at least discuss our "vision" of the movie  for the first tribune article...

and how this film evolved from dark ressurection... and any other questions you want to ask at this phase..

QD

I would say pep squadies are needed just as much as everyone else, lame or no ;)

. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.075
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0