· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Cheating Accusations
ajcardall
# Posted: 19 Dec 2005 04:44

Hello all,

After a recent increase in the number of accusations of cheating being made against the BNT Administrators and Moderators, I am preparing the step in and launch an investigation to see whether or not these accusations are true or are based on hear-say.

With this in mind, if anyone has an accusation to make, could they please email me at andrewjamescardall@gmail.com as well as the BNT Administrators. Along with this email if you could please send me a good, detailed outline of who you believe is cheating and why you believe this. If possible, evidence of these claims will help but I accept there is not always evidence to present.

If enough claims end up in my inbox then I will look into it and there may be changes implemented depending on my findings. If, however, I don't get any emails then there will be no investigation.

It is up to you, folks.

Regards,
CL6 AJ
Entertainment Senior Manager

xmtg27
# Posted: 20 Dec 2005 07:09

So uh, does this mean just for this round or previous rounds. Cause I think theres a lot of clean people this round. And the majority of my complaints are from the past few. Also, if it matters, you guys should know that the admins/mods have been playing so... you know, they should probaly get in trouble for that?

whitty14
# Posted: 21 Dec 2005 03:58

Im not saying anybody has cheated but certain rules have been bent. Firstly, Regarding the killing of battle master. I was under the impression when a player was banned for the round his planets etc were deleted to stop anybody simply taking over where he left off. Now this round his stuff was taken by krillen and root. Now when i won last round, Radas was banned and i asked Bam what was going to happen with his stuff and he clearly stated it would be removed (i have evidence of this) so why does the rule change this round? Another problem involving kyp this time was how radas was banned in the first place. The moment radas took kyp's bank he was banned! And once again when i asked some questions is was made clear that kyp banned radas but surely if he was playing how could he have banned radas!?
I think these are the major cases everybody seems to bring up so any sort of explanation would be appreciated....
Now im good friends with most of you admin guys so im not going to say anything that may offend you but i am starting to get quite confused about certain aspects of the game and how they keep changing. Anybody who wants to prove me wrong please do else answer are needed! Cheers for your time
~Whitty

methos
# Posted: 21 Dec 2005 04:44

I'm not sure why Bam Bam would have said the planets would be deleted.  That has never been the case.  Previously if a player was banned their planets would go unowned and anyone that came across them could collect them.  That was changed a couple of rounds back to where the planets would go to Admin.  Admin settings are set at tech level 15 for such planets with the amount of defenses staying the same as they were when the player was banned.  This was done to prevent to some extent a player just go around and colllecting free planets for a player that was banned.  Granted the tech level 15 is not much of a challenge and we will be looking into increasing at different times in the round to correspond to the average tech level of the top 15 players.  This will keep the planets from being unbeatable but would also require players to work for it.

As for the questions about Radas, the logs were viewed by Plugboy and it was confirmed that Radas cheated and was therefore banned.  A lot of times unless there is clear evidence of cheating...i.e. multiple accounts the player will be frozen until all the admins have time to look at the information and/or talk to the player in question.  In cases where it can't be determined we take the information to the person that knows the code and game best as it was him that put BNT together for OTF....Plugboy.  While he is not actively involved anymore his word still carries a lot of wait as far as workings of the game.  If he decides upon checking the logs someone cheated in some way and passes that along then the player is banned.  

If players are going to contiue going on about so and so cheated without evidence we could always go back to the old way.  Do away with the frozen option and outright ban players that appear to have cheated.

Kyp

xmtg27
# Posted: 21 Dec 2005 18:45

Sorry Kyp, but your story confusses me. See, it would appear that you are the most complained about. And with good reason, my question that I posted previously in this post hasn't been answered so I'll just throw my bit in here. Kyp, when I first took your bank, I was frozen. You told me it was because a player on my team had cheated. The thing was, you not only took your bank + mine before freezing me, you also left me with nothing and waited a while to let me back in. Then, when you and some other players were working on Laart's bank, I snuck in and took it from you, and you seemed quite mad. 2 hours of hard work for that bank and I stole it. So what did I do, I hid in sector 0, every 6 min i would return. Because everytime I didn't stay in sector 0, and went to any other sector, you would show up. Or BAM_BAM. So I hid in a infinites sector, and you guys showed up after you thought I had logged off. You began to take the necassary 3 planets in order to attack my ship. Once I saw you were about to take the 3rd I moved to 0, upgraded my ship, and attacked BAM. He didn't die since I mis-calced but niether did I. So I hid back in 0. Then I got a new idea, I'll just go to one of there teamates sectors, Tidus's. I went there and hid, sure enough you guys showed up but couldn't attack and so BAM threw some fighters in there. I waited a while to see if you could do anything. Then I went to bed. When I woke up, I was dead. The funny thing was that Tidus hadn't logged on, which meant he couldn't have changed his sector rules, or attacked me himself (my log showed BAM had killed me on the second attack). Since Tidus hadn't logged on and he still owned all 5 of his planet, it should have been impossible to attack me.

This is not flaming, the post asked for cheating accusations and I'm posting mine. This was from last round? or the round before. When I brought up the subject in the forums it was deleted. I am accusing Kyp of cheating. I'd also accuse BAM_BAM but he could have been unaware of the fact that Kyp just randonmly found me in every sector I went.  :D

Sorry, this is kind of long but I still have some anger built up from then. Hence all my posts about how admins should't play, ever. If anyone can prove me wrong on this one go ahead, because I'd like answers too.

Again, I'm sure this doesn't vialate any rules and again, its not flaming. I am simply making my accusations and watching to see what comes of it. Thanks...

~Exo III

david1
# Posted: 14 Jan 2006 02:17

Site 9^9 AND Amerian have got impossibly high Kill scores out of nowhere!

ajcardall
# Posted: 23 Jan 2006 05:29

Hey,

After receiving a grand total of 0 emails regarding the cheating accusations, there will be no further action taken in the matter. In future, if you feel someone is cheating, instead of publically thrashing them, email me [andrewjamescardall@gmail.com] & the BNT Admin.

Threads that are started on here which are designed to flame/name call etc. over an issue such as cheating will not be followed up.

Show some sportsmanship and common sense during the next round, please. Make the game enjoyable for all who play it.

Regards,
CL6 AJ
Entertainment SM

whitty14
# Posted: 24 Jan 2006 11:29

This is because people would rather see what is going on than it being dealt with in secret. If nobody has cheated then there is nothing to hide right? hence sorting this out on the forums has no problems surely?
At the end of the day nothing would be done as nobody has any solid proof and the fact it happened so long ago doesnt help. What took place happened and there is nothing that can be done now. Hopefully everybody will be more aware now and lets hope we can have a complaint free round for once.
~Whitty

brian_layne
# Posted: 28 May 2006 18:28

When are you guys (or are you) going to decide that whitty didn't cheat and let him play again? Whitty, XZ, SEELE have been the biggest helps in the past and I readlly don't want to see any of them kept from playing. There is several more apparent and more believeable alledgive cheaters that should be dealt with before anyone even considers whitty :/ .

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.033
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0