· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Star Trek Series Help!
jraven
# Posted: 19 Jan 2006 01:51

Hello everyone,
I was hoping someone could help me out. I was a really big star trek fan when I was in my early teens. I especially enjoyed watching TOS, TNG, and DS9 but unfortunately they were all removed from syndication before I got a chance to watch all the episodes. They're on Spike tv now but I can't afford cable and I really can't afford to spend a few hundred dollars on the boxsets(I'm a student). I recently rented the star trek movies and it brought out the trekker in me again. It's been about 6 years now since I've watched any of these series and I'm really starting to miss them. I was wondering if someone out there would be willing to sell DVD copies or TV recorded series for a low price. I'd really appreciate it! Thank you, Jamie

jraven
# Posted: 19 Jan 2006 01:53

By the way, my email address is Hamtron2045@AIM.com
Thanks again!

anth
# Posted: 20 Jan 2006 14:40

Google, Bit torrent downloads, and a DVD burner, are all your friends here. *L* :D

What type of internet connection do you have? Good quality episodes are around 350MB, good software can place about 4 episodes on a 4.5GB DVD-R disc at pretty high resolution.

I'm not sure you'll get anybody pirating DVD's here. But if you want to take the time to download, go for it!

jraven
# Posted: 20 Jan 2006 16:21

Well, unfortunately I have a slow dial up connection so downloading them isn't an option for me. Thanks for taking the reply anyway.

Jamie

anth
# Posted: 20 Jan 2006 16:45

No probs, i would take a look on e-bay. If you're in no big hurry you can sit back, monitor it, and go for a bargain! I have seen some box sets go for under $20.

jraven
# Posted: 21 Jan 2006 23:38

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been doing. It can be frustratiing because a lot of bidders wait until the last second to bid and drive the price really high. Anyway, hopefully I'll find a good deal soon!
Thanks,
Jamie

crewmannick
# Posted: 30 Jan 2006 17:10

A bit late *l* But you could also check video.google.com and select "Star Trek" from their drop-down list. They have a couple episodes that can be downloaded for $1.99 each.

starbase12
# Posted: 21 Feb 2006 02:28

DONT USE BIT TORRENT! the site for downloading BACKUPS ONLY, if they find out, theyll tear you appart! it not worth it...
do what i did, write to a tv company and ask them to air it.
Channel Five here in the UK listened to me and my mob of trekies and now voyager is on non-cable tv.

gentry
# Posted: 22 Mar 2006 03:23

I'm not sure about tearing you... but you are supposed to buy them. eBay is the best bet, its wha ti have done, also amazon.co.uk (not sure about the US one) has reduced the price of them to about 50 euro, i usually costs 130euro over here so thats my best bet...

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.014
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0