· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / BNT RESET UPDATE
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . >>
methos
# Posted: 6 Feb 2006 10:11

Sorry to crush your hopes Kingpin but no he isn't taking over for me.  He is replacing Bam Bam.  I am still the project leader and lead admin for the game :P.

We still haven't made a decision as to interest rates.  We will post all the changes that will be in place at the same time as we announce the reset date.  If the test goes well I will announce the reset date in 3-4 days and give a 3 day notice.  That should give most people enough time to know when the game will start.

Kyp

whitty14
# Posted: 6 Feb 2006 10:41

If krillen is replacing Bam Bam where is Bam Bam going ??? LOL krillen will be sad not to see you play we still havnt played in the same alliance properly  :P o well...the time shall arise  ;)
~Whitty

krillen488
# Posted: 6 Feb 2006 16:35

Bam will be dissapearing for quite some time and yes i will return at some point, maybe in a round or 2, and we can join together Whitty and take down these "wanna be's" ;)

Krillen

bam_bam
# Posted: 6 Feb 2006 18:31

The reason i am steping down from the Admin position is becuase i am getting very caught up in another game, to the point were i dont have the time to take responsiblity over the upcomming rounds. I will be on here and there and will answer any questions you give me as soon as i see them. I will return to one of the admin positions as soon as i get bored with the current game im playing, but with the expansion coming out soon it might be a while.

So good luck everyone in current and upcomming rounds and i hope to see you all when i get back :D.

CL4 BAM_BAM

crazedbama
# Posted: 7 Feb 2006 09:53

bam you are hilarious.   :D

if anyone would use that excuse and mean it, it would be you.  hahaha, that's awesome.  hmm, new expansion coming out, you wouldn't be refering to WoW would you?

bam_bam
# Posted: 10 Feb 2006 10:43

HEHE yup, i need to lvl my alts and get my epic sets :P.

methos
# Posted: 10 Feb 2006 13:33

Just a little note so everyone knows where we are.  After many changes, tweaks and a few arguments with the server the new settings are up.  I changed several things that wont affect the game itself but needed to be fixed such as correct ranks for the credit's section, changing the dates on the front page to the correct dates...finally :P, and other things that wont be noticed.  All the files are set up right now and the Universe has been created.  We are going to be testing the game for the next couple of days.  Provided all things work we will reset the game and open on Monday February the 13th.  That is all.

Kyp

david1
# Posted: 11 Feb 2006 03:50

Its A Date  :k

crazedbama
# Posted: 11 Feb 2006 09:55

Kyp, have the interest rates been adjusted in any way since the way they were 6 months ago?

PS, anything else that would affect gameplay been changed?

whitty14
# Posted: 11 Feb 2006 11:32

Hooah, Whitty ready and waiting  :k
One question i assume it is going to be a night time reset for us Europeans so please dont make it too late i have college in the morning  :D
~Whitty

dpo
# Posted: 11 Feb 2006 22:26

hehe just think of the overly long wait for the reset as a chance for everyone toget a last minute practice in for training and what not...i need to start participating in the rounds someday...when i get more time :k

-Gary

whitty14
# Posted: 12 Feb 2006 11:10

who are you???? Never seen you around here before  :P  maybe more fresh meat  :k
~Whitty

david1
# Posted: 13 Feb 2006 11:06

7 in the afternoon, and still sitting tight ...  :k

I hate the time differences LOL. As long as i register within 12 hours of the reset, i should be scrumpcious.

*goes back to making pancakes*

whitty14
# Posted: 13 Feb 2006 12:53

i know its about to reset but WTF is going on with the interest rates! 0.03 in the IGB and on Planets?????? Thats just stupid, there is no real reward in building planets if that is just the case!  :o  :o  :o  :o  Please sort it or else this is going to be a very very very boring round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Whitty

brian_layne
# Posted: 13 Feb 2006 13:03

I'd have to disagree with you whitty. Planets will still be very valuable in the fact of resorce production(That was always my main use for them anyways). Personally I like the idea of same interest because I got tired of almost breaking the top ten only to get my planet destroyed to bring me back down again. Regardless I hope it won't keep you out of the round, your a pretty good player.

krillen488
# Posted: 13 Feb 2006 13:19

First things first the Round is going to start at 6:00 PM EST tonight, Due to glitches we weren't able to give the time until now. Second, the numbers on the settings are WRONG. we can't figure out why they say that but trust me, the planets give enough of a better interest rate to make it WELL worth your while to bank on a planet. :)

Krillen
Gaming TL
BNT Admin

whitty14
# Posted: 13 Feb 2006 13:36

Ahhhh ok then  :P  Just wanted to clarify that matter....Also Brian layne! your name sounds familiar lol....hmmm. Dont think we ever spoke but im sure i remember you from somehwere. O well, bring on the reset!
~Whitty

methos
# Posted: 13 Feb 2006 14:54

The settings as Krillen said are wrong because the reset for testing was done before I uploade the new scripts.  The planet interest rate make it well worthwhile to bank and build.  Specials in this round as in last round are allowed to be built in and owned.  A new change we are going to try out this round and see if you folks like it are that you can now have a max of 7 as opposed to 5 planets per sector.  Trading will be somewhat better as I increased the max amounts of all good, ore, organics and energy ports.  IGB is down to 50 bill max.  Your going to need to have an empire to move up.  That is the majority of the changes....if anything else needs to be done we will keep you informed.  The reset is in 6 minutes so good luck.

Kyp

brian_layne
# Posted: 13 Feb 2006 19:06

ALas I worked my way up to first place and then all the sudden I'm behind by like 18,000 hmmm not sure how someone could do that so fast. Bug perhaps?

methos
# Posted: 13 Feb 2006 19:43

<!--QuoteBegin--brian_layne+Feb. 13 2006,19:06--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (brian_layne @ Feb. 13 2006,19:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->ALas I worked my way up to first place and then all the sudden I'm behind by like 18,000 hmmm not sure how someone could do that so fast. Bug perhaps?<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--><br><br><br><br>A bug just because someone was able to jump ahead of you?  No.  They were either luckier or used their turns more wisely than you did.  Alot of these players have been playing BNT on this and other servers as well for quite a long time and know the game well.  Their experience gives them a slight edge.<br><br>Kyp

brian_layne
# Posted: 13 Feb 2006 20:13

No, I typed my last message before I thought about it. I've advanced just as quickly or faster. Sorry wasn't trying to to critisize the programming or anything was just wondering. (P.S. if this message sounds rude let me know because I didn't mean it to be, but I've been told I can sound mean when I really don't mean it in that way.) :)

whitty14
# Posted: 13 Feb 2006 23:09

13 23,857  Senior Chief Petty Officer Ali G 154 2006-02-13 23:07:05   -19 Rebel   Online 155 0
That is more like a bug Brian  :D  admins/mods please look into this please  :)

whitty14
# Posted: 14 Feb 2006 08:24

9 95,733  Warrant Officer 2nd Class Mactavish 3,528 2006-02-14 08:21:50   2 Smuggler/Bounty Hunter   Online 27 0 this one is just as bad.... I know that this guy is sually rubbish and i know players improve but to that level? NOPE! Please get it checked mods/admins!
~Whitty

david1
# Posted: 14 Feb 2006 08:42

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->sually rubbish and i know players improve but to that level?<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--><br><br>That would be valid, <b><i>IF</b></i> OTF was the only bnt server around, but there are other servers, and the guy could have been playing on many servers at once learning the game fast! Who knows.<br><br><b>lol</b> msg from him<br><br><!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin--><br>Mactavish Captian of the Highlander<br><br>ive been playing this bnt for a few rounds now starting to get the grip of it, also got a bit of practice in when the game was down for so long on another server. Yeah there has been alot of cheating and flaws in the game in the pas few rounds, i was on the end of a few of them. <br><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--><br><br>You got a screenshot anyway Whitster?<br><br><b>XZ</b> <br><br><!--EDIT|david1|Feb. 14 2006,10:50-->

rooster
# Posted: 14 Feb 2006 09:22

What is the point in playing this game when all the so called legends complain when some1 who has been playing the game for a few rounds starts getting better.

Sour grapes David1, dry your eyes.

Cheers

Mactavish

rooster
# Posted: 14 Feb 2006 09:30

Sorry Daivid1, at least you messaged me,

Whitty, if you have that screen shot please can you email it to me as well, so i can have a look.

david1
# Posted: 14 Feb 2006 09:38

Theres been too many cheators around in previous rounds, makes people go CRAZY ... :? ... and they start to imagine things ...

Like now i can see 3 guys in white suits walking towards me. I got a funny imagination

:)

crazedbama
# Posted: 14 Feb 2006 11:32

players with mod access and true hackers are the only things that im worried about.  i can handle the rest   :P

if you want somebody taken out and the mods dont do it just msg me, ill do the deed    :k

methos
# Posted: 14 Feb 2006 13:02

No one is cheating.  I check the scores, efficeincy levels, good/evil ranking, turns and logs a few times a day.  There are no players right now with mod or admin access.  The people with that type of access has been reduced for a reason.  I have tried to get old combat code and settings back, with a few changes of course, to make the game more fun to play and to enable folks to be able to move up faster than before.  I assure you that if anyone is cheating it will be caught.  Let's not have another round of using these forums to toss about baseless accusations.  If you suspect someone of cheating then e-mail myself or Krillen directly and we can look into it.  

Kyp

whitty14
# Posted: 14 Feb 2006 14:06

LOL was no real malice intended in any of the posts  :D  I know we dont want a repeat of that again kyp...
As for rooster nvm, cos your score dropped big style anyways  :P Let the ass kicking commence!
~Whitty

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.098
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0