· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / OMGWTFBBQ?
emrys
# Posted: 25 Feb 2006 07:27

Some WEIRD stuff happened this morning from my computer.  Unfortunately, my home computer does not have screenshot capability, and the computers I used at my library need authorization which I do not have to do so.  

First of all, BNT, and the whole OTF website COMPLETELY bugged out.  Couldn't get into OTF, couldn't get into BNT, took 5 minutes from a dedicated T3 to even get an error message.  Very VERY odd.  This happened from 9:55-10:17 am EST., about 6:55-7:15 BNT time.
Not only did this happen from my dorm room, but another computer lab on campus, and then for several minutes in the library till it cleared itself up.  It's not much, but the admins can scan my log if they want and note that I never logged out from that IP address at that time and logged in from a similar but slightly diff IP address about 25 minutes after I got towed from being in sector 0 when the site fratzed out.

:(
I dunno if this was a problem from my college's connection or whatever, but if it WAS a problem with OTF, disconnects like this could be VERY bad for any player unlucky enough to be booted off at a vulnerable time.  Like me.
And when I finaly got back on, at 10:15 (7:15 BNT time) the update timer at the bottom of the screen didn't work for the next two minutes.  Every time I went somewhere or did something, it would flash a larger negative number (-473, -592, etc) and then reset to the 360 seconds till next update thing.  Again, maybe just me, but it seems rather weird.
Oh, and another slightly weird thing I noticed a day or two ago that I forgot to post about earlier.  It says baseless planets cannot hold more than 10,000,000 credits.  I deposited 10,000,000 credits on one of  my planets, went to get the stuff to make a base from it, came back, and found that my planet had more than 10million credits on it, and the amount over was the interest from the turn that passed while I collected the goods,etc.  So,um, yeah.  Little bug there.
As there is no in-game bug reporter anymore I thought the forums the best place to put this.

Ozy

demonvamp
# Posted: 25 Feb 2006 08:12

OTF bugs out on occasion? I've never seen that happen... :?

david1
# Posted: 25 Feb 2006 14:04

i was online for 4 hours on bnt this morning, there was NO problem with the BNT server, its your end. I had a simular problem with my uni when i was there, the cache server on the network was mesing up.

:)

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.017
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0