· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Attack i got screwed
die
# Posted: 25 Feb 2006 10:57

Ok, i was attacking one of ozymandius's planets and i looked at the fighters 125000 and the torps 325000 and 0 energy--i then decided that i could attack and win against that planet (500 thousand some odd fighters and torps or lvl. 21) so i dont see why i died luckily i had an escape pod but why did my ship get destroyed?  any help on this cause that was the hardest i had ever worked on getting a ship and stuff and well this didnt make any sense...

krillen488
# Posted: 25 Feb 2006 11:08

ok as we've been saying for quite some time, our scripters are working ENDLESSLY trying to fix the SOFA code, we've been telling people that because of this the risk of being blown up in an attack are higher, if you read through all the forum posts you would udnerstand this. If i sound a little on edge it's because we're getting complaint after complaint about this even though it's been openly posted about for about a week now. there is nothing we can do about any of this till the code is fixed. I'm sorry for the loss of your ship but there is nothign we can do

Krillen

whitty14
# Posted: 25 Feb 2006 11:28

The sofa code may have been abit iffy but killing planets shouldnt be too bad if you are a pro  :k  You just have to over compensate with your armour! High armour coupled with high comps usually does the trick and has done for me all round, i havnt actually lost my ship through attacking a planet, just the usual other stupid things i do lol
~Whitty

die
# Posted: 25 Feb 2006 11:40

well yes i see what your saying however, i thought that 200,000 plus torps and or fighters should have donw it (i had everything at 21 besides hull)so i figured that that would have taken care of it........i guess not, but it doesnt make anysense oh well......

whitty14
# Posted: 25 Feb 2006 13:16

Just because you had more fighters than the planet doesnt mean you will survive. The planets torp launchers play a major role, the curretn attack code states that the planets will give +2 torps to planets with bases. Your ship's torps do not do the same damage as a planets torps, your ship only fires something like 2% of the torps you are carrying thus the damage your ships torps do is limited. Also i am assuming you have low armour and seeing as Ozymandius has reletively high torps your armour takes the rest of the torps, if your armour runs out...bye bye you die. Hope this helps you out abit, without any clears statistics thats the best i can come up with...
~Whitty

die
# Posted: 25 Feb 2006 15:45

I had 21 of everything torps armour, fighters ect besides hull at 25 ok....i attacked and he had very little torps or fighters and no energy...however this is pointless now i know i cant get my ship back and after being screwed by jade.... but i would like to know how the code works exactly since something went wrong(not the code but i didnt see something so ya) so just any help on what would have been better....oh and by the way i will PAY(or something) for the death of jade orlyn(or however you spell it) message me in game to talk about that john braveheart.....so ya

david1
# Posted: 25 Feb 2006 15:50

21 torps vs 21 torps, thats SUICIDE, unlesss you have taken ALL the torps off the planet, you need your torp level to at least be 4 or 5 levels above the planets!

die
# Posted: 25 Feb 2006 16:09

ok thanks that helps a little bit (if only i had known this sooner :) ) but anyhow thanks and any info would be helpful.....

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.013
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0