· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / SOFA code
krillen488
# Posted: 25 Feb 2006 11:20

We have just gotten a new copy of the WC SOFA code, one that works the same way but is bug free. We will be uploading it soon and it will be done sometime tonight. Thanks for yor patience in all of this. :)

Krillen

whitty14
# Posted: 25 Feb 2006 11:26

Got any specific details on this krillen? As in will it be similiar to the older sofa code where it was +1 to torps and you could only really sofa people above you? Cheers
~Whitty

egmond1981
# Posted: 28 Feb 2006 07:32

hello people...

If you code makers have nothing to do(not likely, I know), I do have a sugestion...

Would it be possible to create some sort of alternate SOFA code?
A code where you can do sofa's against Sector Defence Fighters?
Like a sending all your fighters trough a warp link into a sector?

This way it is much more fun trying to take out a heavely defended sector.
Now I come upon sectors with 100 million fighters, wich I can't even look into.
This makes the game a bit less intresting the way the rankings are divided now...

whitty14
# Posted: 28 Feb 2006 07:51

This would make the point of sector defenses pointless. The whole idea of sector defence is to stop people from going into your sectors and having a snoop around, if you were given the option to sofa SD then all the SD is doing is just stopping for for a few minutes.. The SD's should be left alone....
~Whitty

methos
# Posted: 28 Feb 2006 09:15

I could add code that would work that way in theory but I wont for the same reasons that Whitty mentioned.  What has crossed my mind however is to see if I can incorporate an AAT feature.  Nova bombing through a warp link.  The Nova's are random in the amount of damage they would do.  The only problem is I have no idea how much tweaking would be needed because Nova bombs also weaken the planets.  So to change it around to just take on SD's would require several hours to make the code work.  This is something I am going to try and work on for future rounds but probably won't see a working version until the summer.

Kyp

egmond1981
# Posted: 28 Feb 2006 13:33

If you use that as an argument you would also say that SOFA made planet defences useless...
I never heard anyone complaining...

I don't want to let fighters fight SD 1 on 1.

Just invent some coding that is dependend on lvls of computer or something...

crazedbama
# Posted: 28 Feb 2006 14:30

i like the novabomb idea.  Kyp if you could get novabombs in otf bnt i mite actually like you.  wouldn't that be great!   :)

david1
# Posted: 1 Mar 2006 00:33

You could extract the novabomb from AAT, but that would be serious coding! extra php ... argh... a lot of work lol...

Having a novabomb that could damage planets as well as SD's not a good idea, well AAT scenario, novabomb doesnt blow you up, hi#ts sector, takes out SD's, damages planets, destroys planets, damages ship, .... with one sucessfull novabmb, ypu could take out a sector in 5 minutes, regardless of how much defences it has!!!!

Best thing yuo be to create a compromise, a new ship function ... or device, like the novabomb, which disables a random% of the sd's ( between 0 and 1 mil SD's ) (virtually sdame thing but blerb) ... would be a lot easier to code then the novabomb, and make it an expensive device, like 5 bil a device, so it wold be costly to get into a sector, and it would be slow, but its would be better then a novabomb, which does complete utter damage, but it would be costly, so it still means SD's have a point, at least early in a round)

david1
# Posted: 2 Mar 2006 01:45

plus if you did introduce novabombs, i would just use them gainst any full sector, as would others, to annoy planet builers and ruin there work, and with planet builders not planet building... game will creep .... argh

its the one main reason why AAT never took off that well, because it was too tacitcal, and made things too annoying for planet building. people settled into just hunting eachother rarther then settling down for fun!

but this is only an opinion!

XZ is annoying :( ...

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.016
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0