· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / The greatest game.
anth
# Posted: 15 Mar 2006 15:39

The best Cricket match of all time

Ok, first off we all know that Cricket is quite simply the best game the world has ever seen.

So, when a world record breaking Cricket match takes place, it's a big deal.

I sat down to watch South Africa take on Australia on Sunday. Thinking it would be an entertaining game. The series all square at 2 a piece. One game left in the five match series. Anybody watching in my country ( The U.K ) was of course a SA fan for the day.

So i watched as the Aussies absolutely crush SA in the first session of the game. Australia doing what they do best are superb to watch i must admit. 434 runs on the board for the loss of only 4 wickets. Amazing when you consider a good score is anything around or just over 250.

South Africa could have crumbled, they could have just gave up. But they did not, they came out to bat with every intention of firstly showing the world they are fihters, and secondly having a damn good go at what many saw as an impossible target. Possibly spurred on by the magnificient achievements of the great England Cricket team last summer, when they beat Australia in every department to win the Ashes. South Africa came out and batted with belief that they could overturn this historic score.

What followed was amazing. The highest amount of sixes hit in a match, and a new world record score of 438 scored by SA as they beat Australia in what has been billed as the best cricket match ever.

Incidently, i guess Australia now hold the record for holding a record for the shortest amount of time. :P

I really thought i was done with gloating over Australia losing. Boy was i wrong. *LOL* Oh well, bad luck you Aussies. :D

ajcardall
# Posted: 17 Mar 2006 17:04

I think only me, Sean T and Babel will understand this thread.

Anth, following your second sentence in the thread, I want your babies  :P

Another cricket fan \o/

polson
# Posted: 17 Mar 2006 19:03

*looks* What was so special about the second sentence?

jadzia_jones1
# Posted: 17 Mar 2006 22:57

Excuse me AJ -
* stands on a box * I understand Cricket, although before I met Anth I thought it was a boring old farts game. Played on a Sunday, with tea and falling asleep. But Yep I was wrong, it is one of the most exciting games ever. Proves my point with the Ashes and now with South Africa V Australia.
- Lastly if anyone is having Anth's Baby's its me *l*
* jadzia *

ajcardall
# Posted: 18 Mar 2006 01:47

Jadz, can I have your babies, too?  :}  :P

It warms the cockles of my heart to know I'm not the only cricket fan around the place  ;)

anth
# Posted: 18 Mar 2006 03:44

*LOL* @ AJ. :P

You're not the only one i can assure you! :)

Me and Jadz watch most of the games covered in world cricket. Highlights at the very least. I also download a few match highlights from bittorrent.

Sky TV have some great coverage. Cricket is 12 months a year in our house.*L*

I am looking forward to the English season though. We'll be off to Somerset as soon as it does. We have Gloucestershire  first match of the 20/20 cup! Local rivals. Go Somerset! :P

I am a bit gutted though, i was intending to play for my local village this summer. But i've had a bad old neck injury flare up lots of times over the winter, so, i really doubt i'm going to be able too. Had to pack in the game a few years ago cos of it.

Looks like i'll have to settle for EA Sports Cricket on the X-Box again this year ( i added myself to the game, i now average around 80 with the bat, and am closing on Shane Warne in the leg spin dept. :P )

Well done England in India! Great start, keep it up!

ajcardall
# Posted: 18 Mar 2006 06:13

Aye, England have made a decent start. Good to see Strauss going on to make a decent score for himself.

Shame about Shah retiring injured though. This tour seems to have injury and illness written all over it  :D

babel
# Posted: 18 Mar 2006 07:22

Maybe he can bat tomorrow, I hope so.

anth
# Posted: 18 Mar 2006 16:08

I think he'll bat, cramp can come on bad if you're de-hydrated. It was very hot out there. Strauss looked wrecked towards the end of his innings.

Hope he does, i think its great how we have signs of a very strong squad emerging. The modern game has such a hectic schedule i think most teams will need a large pool of players. This tour will become the norm as far as injury and players not being available is concerned. It's going to happen more and more. That's why i'm not too worried, or entering any debates on who should be left out, i think alot of players will be needed over the next 12 months.

Not just batting, i feel Plunkett shows alot of promise, and i'm a big Monty fan already!

hobbie
# Posted: 18 Mar 2006 16:56

Does anyone else get the impression that AJ wants to have babies pretty badly? :(

iain
# Posted: 18 Mar 2006 16:58

Triplets, or otherwise? :(

polson
# Posted: 18 Mar 2006 20:00

Hobbie, you should talk, after all AJ was once pregnant with your love child.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.021
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0