· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Before anyone begins a rant
jole
# Posted: 17 Mar 2006 00:24

This is not a whine, a moan, an accusation of cheating or anything similar as this is JUST A GAME.

During play last night a player below me began attacking my planets and I managed to get a few scans from their ship.

Their computers were 2 levels below mine yet they were able to carry 3 million more fighters than me therefore making it impossible for me to sensibly attack them as their fighters would swarm my ship.

Now how can this be right, I know people are going to say "well, you should have upgraded but why should I have to spend over half a billion upgrading to get my ship to be equal to someone's who's spec is much lower than mine.

All I could do was sit there and watch my planets fall.

The only thing amusing about this is it must have cost at least double what they took from the planet.

Is this another glitch or am I missing something??????

*stops ranting and sits down*

seele01
# Posted: 17 Mar 2006 04:46

Do you happen to have the scan results saved??  It seems unlikely that they could carry more than you if they have computers 2 levels below yours.  My guess would be you maybe read it wrong, something like read their torps instead of fighters by mistake.  I can't think of any other reason, unless the cloak also gives false sensor readings.

jole
# Posted: 17 Mar 2006 04:57

No i saved screenshots of it just in case i was reading it wrong. and it is deff fighters i am reading

krillen488
# Posted: 17 Mar 2006 05:54

if you could send me the screenshot at Krillenadonis@hotmail.com i'll look at it and decide what actions need to be taken to handle this :)

seele01
# Posted: 17 Mar 2006 16:57

I noticed when I blew up my ship recently that it still had the same amount of energy on it despite my having a new ship.  Is it possible this player lost their ship to mines, which meant that their total fighters stayed the same.  Its about the only thing I can think of and would only last until they did a SOFA or attacked.

krillen488
# Posted: 17 Mar 2006 21:38

that is possible i guess.... i've seen the energy thing happen but never before have i seen a fighter thing happen...

seele01
# Posted: 17 Mar 2006 22:16

Not sure who Jole is refering to but in the game he mentioned Exo 3 taking his planets, and I am sure Exo's ship was destroyed in combat which means he wouldn't have any fighters leftover.  Guess its up to screens now.

xmtg27
# Posted: 18 Mar 2006 18:41

If your talking about me, Exo III, then you can't be right. Because I went in there with lv. 29 comp and sofa'd your bank. I had to drop my score to try and get a good sofa but was unable to anyhow. (lv. 29 comp against lv. 26 torp w/base, am i missing something or should i be taking off more than 2 mill fighters per sofa???). I took your other planets in order to gain sector control and attack your ship. Unfortionatly, that didn't work out either. So all in all it was a bad night, you log on when i'm sofa'ing your bank. and i don't even take your ship. And now my score is dropping instead of rising for interest. I'm now down 700,000 pts since this morning....

Exo III

xpanding_con
# Posted: 2 Apr 2006 01:39

Dont trust you scans, as your sensors may not be strong enough to get accurate readings, as I scanned Whitty ship saying he had lvl 30 comp, but he had 400mill fighters on board.
Its not a glitch, its because your sensors are not high enough against his sensors and cloak.

Seele you are right, only your energy level stays when you have been destroyed, but when you remove your energy it goes back down to 100.

XP

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.023
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0