· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Star Trek - New Voyages.
anth
# Posted: 18 Mar 2006 16:57

Star Trek - New Voyages

I know i've posted links to these excellent productions in the past. But, that was a while back.

This series of films basically continues where the original Star Trek series finished. It may take a while to get used to other actors playing Kirk, Bones, Scotty, and Spock etc. But if you like the old style Trek, this really is a must. These guys just keep getting better. The visuals are looking truly stunning now. This is the best you're going to see the old Constellation class Enterprise looking. It is well worth watching just to see the stuff from that era given the full modern day CG treatment.

The main reason i'm posting again is there is a new episode out. Just a short one this time. But, the really excting bit is, there's a new trailer online for this summers episode release. Here's the films poster.....

That's right. Walter Koenig stars in the next episode. It's even a DC Fontana story!

The guys behind this project deserve so much credit. It is a real ton of work to produce something like this in your spare time. I'm very glad the Roddenberry family are supporting them now. I think i am right in saying Gene Roddenberry's son is now a Producer on this show.

If you've not seen any of these films. I would say get along to the site.

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/1024/home.php

And download everything there. Episode 1 "In Harms Way" is fantastic. featuring the Guardian of Forever. Plus an original TOS cast member.

Hope you enjoy it. :)

babel
# Posted: 19 Mar 2006 19:34

Had a quick look, downloaded 'Centre Seat'. It looks great, the sets are fantastic with lovely visuals. Pity the acting didsn't match up to it, but  hey-ho. I get a nice new 2MB connection next week and am looking forward to downloading the episodes then. :)

anth
# Posted: 20 Mar 2006 03:46

Babel : Yes, some of the acting can leave a bit to be desired. *L* I think you'll find on the major episodes it's a bit better.

The problems these type of films face is you can't attract "proper" actors. It's usualy just those that concieve the project, friends, and family. Anybody who will work for free! *L*

Production times are very long, just done in the guys spare time. Not many regular actors would commit to that. I think in the long run its far better they do it themselves rather than chopping and changing personell through real actors dropping out, or not making themselves available for extra scenes they find they need.

The main actors do a pretty good job considering, especialy in the episode "In harms way" The real Matt Decker appears in that episode. So at least they can slot in real actors for those guest appearances.

I'm really glad you got some enjoyment out of it. Infact i had you in mind when i posted, had a feeling you would like some of what you see. Hopefully some more OTF'ers will get to see it too. :)

gentry
# Posted: 22 Mar 2006 03:18

I saw the ad, for it on their website. Again the acting put me of a bit. But I will be watching it soon!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.017
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0