· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Australia - OTF Members
ayanna
# Posted: 20 Mar 2006 22:39

Hey all i know we have a few people who chat here from Australia if you live in Australia or near where the Cyclone hit let us know if your okay..

My thoughts and prayers to those who were hit with the cyclone.

brady
# Posted: 21 Mar 2006 13:14

Ahoy!

Although I'm in Canada, I've been keeping up-to-date on the cyclone.  Despite the extensive damage, especially to the local sugar cane industry, there were no deaths I believe.  And I don't know of any OTFers in the Innisfail/Cairns area either.  My thoughts are with those who have been affected also.  Thanks Ayanna.

B

goose
# Posted: 14 Apr 2006 18:10

Heya!

Yes, well  I live roughly 2000 km's away from the place it was hit.. and to make things more interesting... The cyclone originally started up in the Gulf, which moved its way over my city (thats Darwin btw) so we had heaps of action and rain during that period.

Does that count? :?

It is sad what nature can do. :(

Goose

teekay
# Posted: 17 Apr 2006 14:52

Oh dear, did someone have too much booze at the barbie?

stoth
# Posted: 18 Apr 2006 02:44

Not only has the cyclone devistated the northern Queensland sugar cane, banana crops were badly effected during the cyclone, and this multi-million dollar industry also take a number of years (I heard 3-4 years) to recover from.
Another cyclone is passing through northern queensland tonight (probably) so I'm sure our thoughts and wishes are with them all.
I'll keep you all updated.

teekay
# Posted: 18 Apr 2006 03:25

Let's hope no-one gets hurt, or worse.
Property can be rebuilt, even if it takes time - life can't.
Please keep us updated.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.034
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0