· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Video Card problems
aceman_67
# Posted: 4 Apr 2006 19:58

I just bought essentially a new computer (MoBo, Video card, powersupply ect.), and I've been having problems with my videocard.

Don't get me wrong, it works great, been having tons of fun scaring the crap out of my self playing Doom 3 in the dark.

The card in question is an ATi Radeon x300 256mb on a 16x PCI Express slot, and it has the nasty habbit of overheating and causing the computer to restart. (I know its overheating cause when it did this, I went and moved the card I had next to it to a new slot and my finger brushed the heat sinc and it burned my finger.)

My case has plenty of ventilation, and its a pretty large case.

Any ideas?

CL5 Phill
Wizards
Welcoming

seele01
# Posted: 5 Apr 2006 06:09

Does the card have a fan or just a heatsink.  It may be worth investing in a better fan if it cools more.  I'll assume that other high temperature components like the CPU and HDD are fine and that you haven't got the ventilation going backwards or anything like that.

Edit : Now I can get a good link after I post.  This is the one I want but obviously research it and all for yourself.  http://www.zalman.co.kr/usa/product/view.asp?idx=149&code=013

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.015
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0