· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Changes??
play4you
# Posted: 5 Apr 2006 08:23

The changes I would like to see in the game.

The extra turns you can buy I would like removed.
But if that aint an option... maybe making it a 1 opertunity purchase. Means you can buy it at any time... but only up to a certain number of turns, they should cost more and when you have bought 1 or what ever the number will be...3000 turns... then you cant buy any more.

I have no clue how easy or difficult it is to program a game like this... but if it would be possible... well maybe the energy should not be spent all in 1 blow when attacked.

If a planet have 200.000.000 energy, and you attack with 50.000.000 fighters... and beams are lvl 33.
The energy should stay... but 64.715.982 less energy on the planet.

It would make life better for builders like me. Not much but a little.
This round tho... I cant spend money or turns on building planets. I need it to defend myseslf.
I am allready over 5 million points behind Exo III :)
So no planets for you guys this round :) lol

xmtg27
# Posted: 5 Apr 2006 13:42

I've learned one thing through my many rounds. Change isn't good. You get used to it and having to deal with it. If energy stayed on a planet and didn't all go away with one hit people would just get lots of energy on a planet instead of defending it with fighters and torps. Use the energy on your planet to refill when you need it on your ship.

Buying turns is a privledge, you only get to buy when you're under a certain score or have used a certain amount. Everyone has the same oppurtunity to buy them and nothing stops you from going to a special port to buy them.

Change just brings up more people complaining, I've tried some suggestions myself and nonthing happened... I like this setup and the original setup. We should alturnate between these to game plays every reset...

And don't worry about being so far behind me, i always screw up sometime, hence why i didn't win any other rounds. For the past 3 or 4 rounds i've started the first week or so in first, after that i die stupidly.  :)

Exo III

nickk
# Posted: 5 Apr 2006 14:42

LOL exo you should be ok this time, im not around  :D  That is one thing that id thought had been learnt these past few rounds, not to mess about with changes too much! especially the interest rates, it just speeds the round up so much and makes it very dull as it becomes some what impossible to calculate how to defend yourself, how much to spend during upgrading etc etc. Oh well, im not around so im not gonna complain  :P
~Whitty-  3 time BNT Winner, No 1 Ass kicker   :k

play4you
# Posted: 5 Apr 2006 15:02

I am not whining :) I hate whining :)

I call you all my friends exept cheaters... if there is any...

So I tell you this EXO III, if you screw this round up...
Then I invite you to Norway to my place on a barbecue :)
But first I will laugh :)

I know all about screwing up, wrecked my ship 7 or 8 times last round, lol.
And yes I agree, the game is fun. But the crazy interest...
How much credits do you have now??
Your almost half way to whittys score, last round.
So I guess you have like 100 bill now, probably more.
I got 4 bill now  ;)

Grife

play4you
# Posted: 5 Apr 2006 15:17

Ahhh.

Just one more thing.
Why make it harder to defend the planets?
If you create 1000 planets, ok thats a bit much... but what if you got like 600 planets, thats a ok number, but most of them will be easily defeted. Cause you cant defend all of them.

I find it difficult to use the startegy as "builder".
Anyone got a tip for me here?
If I'm not building planets... I would say this round shuld be called "There was a Bank" "Not Noobie round" I think King Pin called it :)

Grife

xmtg27
# Posted: 5 Apr 2006 16:11

I think you mean trill, and your a very good guesser. I had 100 trill earlier today but since the peace period is almost over i'm not going to tell how much i have now or later. The intrest rates make the game fun in a way cause everyone gets to lv's they've never seen. the problem is that this is a little fast. i'm just getting farther and farther ahead. so when i start taking out the rest of the players it should be easy. :)

I'm going to have over 1000 planets in the first week probaly, with this high of lv's it should be easy. lv 36 hull and 40+on torps and comps. make a trade route to each planets once, so i can make 100 planets with 400 turns that are fairly well protected. then just make sure not to let them get too much creds on them or else people might want to spend the money to take them. thats all i'm going to do this round, is make a ton of planets and try to find some banks.  :k

so good luck, your best bet is to keep lots of money on your bank until the peace ends, don't update till then. and save your turns. then you'll have lots of $ and turns for the change...

I don't think whitty or king pin would have had a chance this round. :) I've had to good a start and too much tiem for peace...

Exo III

david1
# Posted: 5 Apr 2006 23:07

8000 sectors ... and a bank which has never been taken in a few rounds and moves every 12 hours ... Good Luck!

Esp Since there are no scouts for you =)

play4you
# Posted: 6 Apr 2006 04:57

hehe :)

I will have like 20 sectors to move my bank to...
Planets with lots of fighters, but I will probably be keeping over one trill fighters and torps on my bank all times, so even if you got a high lvl it will be difficult to take it.

I wont waste even 1 turn on building any more planets with this interest :)
It wont pay off.
If you have 500 planets you got 250.000.000.000 colonist, remove 10% for organics... and all money productioin...
You will only make 12 trillions.
With this interest that wont be enough. Not for the players that strides after the top positions now.
But for low point players its their only chance, and that high lvl players leave them alone and they screw up.

So yu plan on comming to Norway this summer EXO III?

Grife

Grife

nickk
# Posted: 6 Apr 2006 08:38

Exo, anybody could kill you, nothing is certain.... If most of us had decided to play the top may look a little difference, and building 1000's of planets isnt worth it because the high interest just means you can have just one bank and win. As for going to techs they have never been to before still makes no difference because everybody else is going to be around the same mark so there is no fun in it! With the game at normal settings its much more of a challenege as it requires more stragetic planning on what to do with turns and creds etc, with these settings its just do as you please, you will be bored sooner or later when everyone hits the really high levels and nobody can take anything as you wont be able to go high enough to survive 59 torps for example...
~Whitty

play4you
# Posted: 6 Apr 2006 13:34

so you mean that if all got lvl 59 Whitty...
Then none can take the bank?

xmtg27
# Posted: 6 Apr 2006 19:59

lv 59 torps means that its very hard to take your bank, not impossible. but i'll be the first to get there so you don't have to worry about that.  :)

besides, it take 576,460,752,303,423,500,000 to get lv. 59. the max you can have on a planet is 9,900,000,000,000,000,000 on a planet. you would need 60 planets with that on them to get there. and then you would have no money left to protect. so its going to be a while yet. the begining of this round is quick, but soon everyone will catch up and strategy will need to be involved.

play4you
# Posted: 7 Apr 2006 04:57

God!!! How many planets have you maxed out now??? lol

Are we following BNT time with the none striking period?
Since that would make it even 19 hours to go.

And... can the ship take more than the planet?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.032
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0