· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Wii
seele01
# Posted: 27 Apr 2006 20:41

And the just announced name of the Revolution Conolse is....

Wii

Pronounced We

Check the site to understand why.  Post your thoughts and please no wee jokes.

http://revolution.nintendo.com/

P.S. I know I already have a nintendo thread but I felt like making a new thread just for this.

demonvamp
# Posted: 28 Apr 2006 12:19

Oh dear :(

Another foot in mouth moment for poor old ninty. If I get one it'll be called something else, I can tell ya :D

QD

seele01
# Posted: 28 Apr 2006 21:35

I have a theory that it is a fake name, designed to get everyone talking about the console before E3.  There is only a little site for Wii and they haven't changed the actual website sections from revolution yet.

demonvamp
# Posted: 29 Apr 2006 09:44

Possibly... :?

QD

seele01
# Posted: 29 Apr 2006 20:56

Well Some analysts seem to agree with the name being fake.  Kotaku has a story on it

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming....381.php

demonvamp
# Posted: 30 Apr 2006 10:13

Curiouser and curiouser...

If it's not a fake, ninty can't possibly not have had English speaker come up to them and point out what a mockery would be made. Of course, if it's not pronounced 'wee' but follows the *sometimes?* japanese way off speaking ii *as in eye-ee* then it's not as bad and simply the fault of us lot :D

QD

seele01
# Posted: 30 Apr 2006 19:36

Another article on why it might not be true.

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006....intendo

I like everyone else made a few jokes about it but only a few days after have stopped and just read it as normal.

citron
# Posted: 1 May 2006 04:46

However stupid the name might be, this stupidity is generating a huge amount of PR for a brand that was fading into non-existence prior to now.

Sums it up perfectly  :P   If anything, Nintendo's got some great PR reps working for them now.. and even if the name really isn't Wii, how many of us are now looking at it with interest going  "I'm SO buying that"?  :D

seele01
# Posted: 1 May 2006 05:05

You know I posted that link then forgot to read it.

I was already planning on buying the Wii/Rev as I am a intendo fan and even if the new controller fails I can still grab those old games that i never got a chance to play, like Secret of mana or Chronotrigger, as well as a few 64 titles I missed out on.

Of course this controller has been in the works for a while now so I amsure they know what they are doing, even EA has a seperate team working on the controls for their Madden game.  Hmmm... I should really post that in the news thread.  Oh well.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.017
Online now: Guests - 5
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0