· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / 10 more years of Stargate??
dierna
# Posted: 8 May 2006 07:28

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6332083.html

"But MGM has big plans. Executive vice president Charles Cohen says MGM "intends" to develop a theatrical movie "derived from the series over the last 10 years" that would ideally
"dovetail" into a third Stargate television show.  Theatricals would "not in any way impair" SG1's television run, he asserts. He believes it's possible for three Stargate series to air concurrently, not
unlike the Law & Order franchise. [...] I'd like to see SG-1 go another 10 years. I love the show. I'd like to keep it on forever and keep adding to it.  It's very ambitious," Cohen admits, then chuckles.
"Brad and Rob will cringe."

"Stargate SG-1 is Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.'s new best friend, if you gauge it by the enthusiasm expressed by studio executive vice
president Charles Cohen. Since MGM's sale to an investment group last year, the sci-fi franchise has become "much more important to MGM than
it had been viewed before the sale," according to Cohen, who said wasn't actively involved with the show until the studio's new ownership came in.  "Stargate on the television side represents the
same type of dynamic franchise [as the James Bond movies] for us," Cohen says. "It's enormously important both in terms of what it contributes financially but also what it does for our image. [...]
Stargate SG-1 helps keep the MGM name "in front of millions," Cohen says. "And it helps drive other MGM products. It opens a lot of doors.
People want to meet with you. It's a quality product they need to have."

Dierna note: 10 more years of Stargate and ANOTHER spin-off??? :? I love Stargate and all but good grief... *sings* This is the show that never ends...yes it goes on and on my friends.... :?

lupus
# Posted: 9 May 2006 01:24

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy now.  :)

polson
# Posted: 22 May 2006 10:00

Swwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!  I'D like to see the show go on for another ten years too!  Stargate is the new Law & Order, all the way baby!  Just with space guns and aliens.  You can't get much cooler than that.

gates
# Posted: 8 Jun 2006 21:15

I literally jumped up and down and giggled like a school girl when I read that!   :D

lzrman
# Posted: 8 Jun 2006 21:26

Go Stargate!!!!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.031
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0