· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Angels and Demons film in the works
dierna
# Posted: 23 May 2006 15:20

In the wake of the success of The Da Vinci Code, Sony has signed that film's writer, Akiva Goldsman, to adapt author Dan Brown's first religious thriller, Angels & Demons, a prequel, Variety reported. Code has grossed $231.8 million worldwide in its first five days of release.

Development of Angels & Demons is still in the early stages, but the studio is planning to reassemble the Da Vinci Code producing team of Brian Grazer and John Calley for the project.

No deals are set yet for Code director Ron Howard or star Tom Hanks to return, but both would have first crack at the project.

Code was the second of Brown's novels centering on Robert Langdon, a Harvard professor who's an expert in religious symbols. Angels & Demons, published in 2000, introduced the Langdon character. Langdon tries to solve a murder and unravel a plot by an ancient group, the Illuminati, to blow up the Vatican during a papal conclave.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=36228

Dierna note: Yea! I can't wait for this! I loved "Angels and Demons" and not just cuz the story deals with a secret code in Raphael's and a bit of Michelangelo's art work. :lol:

jaquaia
# Posted: 23 May 2006 15:47

It was a good book! Brown may not be the most technically gifted author, but his stuff is fast-flowing and compelling! I couldn't put either book down! Should make a decent film

babel
# Posted: 26 May 2006 11:24

I don't often advocate burning books but I could quite cheerfully collect all of hack Brown's crap, pour on petrol and drop a match onto the bonfire.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.022
Online now: Guests - 6
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0