· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / IE7 Beta Security Issues
jpicard
# Posted: 3 Jun 2006 20:53

Attention IE7 Beta users! First of all, why are you using IE? Switch to FireFox!. If you still just want the news on IE7 Beta, here 'tis.

Only two days after the release of IE7 Beta, someone found a secuity vaulnerabilty. "A denial of service bug in IE 7 beta 2 creates a means for a hacker to crash the software and potentially execute arbitrary malware on PCs running the code, according to security researcher Tom Ferris." ŠThe Register

Microsoft quickly released a blog post saying this caused IE to crash, but didn't allow arbitrary malware to be put on users machines. Maybe they're right, but I wouldn't take that chance. If you really want to stick with IE, I strongly recommend downloading the newest version of IE7 Beta here

Sources:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/02/02/ie7beta_vuln/
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/02/01/522682.aspx

Thanks!
~JP (CL6)
ISA Intell

demonvamp
# Posted: 4 Jun 2006 09:12

Y'know, if everybody should be using firefox, how about the dummy's guide to loading it up. I have no idea where to start :D does it involve partitioning :?

Freckles :D

skevington
# Posted: 4 Jun 2006 11:21

See, firefox is generally okay when it comes to usability. But aesthetically, i don't like it so much.  :P

Dmitri

jpicard
# Posted: 4 Jun 2006 18:28

*Smacks Dmitri's wrist* Bad Dmitri :P *l*

No nothing fancy involved with using Firefox, just point and click stuff. And I highly recommend it, if you didn't get it yet  :?  *l*.

Thanks!
~JP

skevington
# Posted: 4 Jun 2006 18:53

Hey! I already got Firefox, i just prefer Opera, because Opera looks a lot prettier to me.

Even if it does freeze up frequently :v

Dmitri

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.209
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0