· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / ftp help
lupus
# Posted: 8 Jun 2006 06:01

Hey all,

I wanted to put some pages on my website thingy but SmartFTP wont connect to OTF servers. The log says
[14:01:05] Connected to members.outpost10f.com.
[14:01:06] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
[14:01:06] Server closed connection

what does that mean, and what do I do?

skevington
# Posted: 8 Jun 2006 19:34

To quote from the SmartFTP site you can solve it by,

You may try to set the Connection Timeout (Tools > Settings > Connection > Connection Settings -> "Connection Timeout") higher (Default: 60s). If the problem persists change the Data Connection Mode in the Settings->Connection dialog from "Port Mode (PORT)" to "Passive Mode (PASV)" or vice versa.

Website is here.

Dmitri

lupus
# Posted: 9 Jun 2006 03:04

nope. It still doesnt work

iain
# Posted: 9 Jun 2006 06:20

Nothing's changed on the OTF server, and I'm able to get an FTP connection to members.outpost10f.com, logging in as iain.

You haven't recently changed your members' account password, have you? If so, that could explain the refused connection - if you used the "save password" option previously, in your FTP client.

Otherwise, maybe try a different FTP client...?

AceFTP is a good, free one.

Cheers! :)
Iain

seele01
# Posted: 9 Jun 2006 06:32

If something doesn't connect, I usually recommend disabling firewall first, quick and easy and if its not the cause, you have only wasted a minute of your time and can start looking at more complex problems.

skevington
# Posted: 9 Jun 2006 12:14

Actually, i'm not sure what it is but i also have problems connecting to the OTF server on SmartFTP. Though, with WS_FTP i have no issues at all. I just contribute it to SmartFTP being a poor FTP client,

Dmitri

candyshop
# Posted: 9 Jun 2006 13:04

My smart FTP has done this to me.  Changing your firewall settings may correct the problem though this may only be a temporary fix.  It's best to delete the login information from the FTP sever and reinput all information...

If that doesn't work, beat the FTP program with your shoe.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.018
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0