· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / OTF Dreams...
polson
# Posted: 25 Jun 2006 09:23

I had a dream the other night that sort of involved OTF.  It's all very very complicated and so detailed that I could never write it all down here, but it was so incredibly odd that I want to share the general idea.

It started out on Mount Buzz.  However, this part of the story seems irrelevant, so I'll skip ahead to where I left Mount Buzz in anger and headed into the small mountain town where an OTF union was going on.  My friend Josy was there, and everybody loved her, she was quite funny, and we all kept mixing up who Kady was and who Karla was (btw...do we have a Karla?) and Cinna was there and someone was riding a cardboard box, you know, the usual loopyness.  And there was a man sitting across the table in the small rustic dining hall from Patrick Steward, who was dressed in his little sailor outfit from Generations.

Now, this is where it gets weird.  The man accidently "refreshed" the world and suddenly we were all dead...we were skeletons, ancient, dusty, lying here and there, the place long since abandoned, and even Patrick Stewart was a skeleton.  So then the guy realized he should refresh himself so that he would know what happened, and he did, and then he too became a skeleton, except now he could hear what Patrick Stewart was saying.

He wove a story of woe and destruction and forboding.  He explained how a big white ship had come to our world (which was in fact, a little domed off area including two mountains and this small villa, but seperated from the rest of earth, it was weird) and out came these vicious bloodthirsty people eaters, they were tall and lean and mean and had long white tentacle type hairs and teeth that were long and jagged and, they were very nasty.  They killed and ate everybody.

So this guy refreshes for a third time and then everything's back to normal.  And he tells us everything that Patrick Stewart's skeleton told him  Just as he finishes, a big white ship lands and we're all like "oh no!" so we send Patrick Stewart off to go get starfleet and save us.

Meanwhile, the ship opens and instead of these vicious creepy people eaters, out comes these little "puffs".  They're pink, and they look like living liquid drops of lotion and they're so cute and immediately they start drinking water that had been split on the ground.  And then we start showing them around and they get into the toilets and the plumping systems and we realize that they're going to keep drinking the water until it's all gone.  And as it becomes apparent that our water supply is almost gone and it would take several hours for it to build up again, we start dumping cans of pop on the cement so that the puffs can drink that, and we start melting snow (from Mount. Buzz) and we wonder to ourselves, "what happens when all the water's gone?"

Eventually all the water is gone and we all freak out.  So we run and hide in our basements and I was in a basement with my dad and my mom and we were standing on a hidabed and I had a plastic broom stick (it wasn't even a good wooden one) and we waited.  Eventually they came for us, but they weren't the nasty vicious people eaters - yet.  Apparently they had to evolve there, and the middle stage was ugly middle aged people.  You know, some pudgy ones, wearing out of style clothes and glasses, balding, ugly dresses, etc.  And they came down and they were trying to get us but they were kind of slow and stupid in this state, so they were easy to wack with my broom stick, except one of them kept trying to bite my toe, and then there were more of them and they were getting a little bit more quicker and meaner and they were almost going to change into the vicious nasty ones, but then they all suddenly stopped, turned around and left.

So we followed them outside and here the water system had filled up about halfway so someone was spraying a hose all over and they all turned back into little puffs and drank all the water.  When it was gone, we all ran to hide again and I was trying to hide in a closet in the basement but one of them saw me before I could and I had to get away from them and double back and hide in a closet on the upper floor, in my great gran's bedroom (she's been dead since I was 12, and it was really really odd).  And I waited for them to come get me.  And I waited.  And I waited.  And they didn't come.  And I was scared out of my mind.  So I went outside.

Patrick Stewart had returned to save the day!  So we sprayed them all with water again and they turned into puffs and in order to save other cultures from the vicious man eaters, we installed sprinkler systems in their ship so they would just float around forever and ever, drinking water and being cute.  It occured to us that the system make break down, but since the puffs are so stupid, as are the middle aged "larva" for lack of a better word, we left instructions for the vicious people eaters to fix the sprinkers just in case.

Now, I left out all the details, like what happened on Mount Buzz and why I left it, and why they survived the plague of people eaters in the message from Patrick Stewart's skeleton, and I didn't tell you what the refreshing man's coat looked like, or described how the town was like a combination of a kids camp and a trailer park, and how the hidabed was ugly and plaid and came from my grandparent's hosue, etc. etc.  I didn't tell you what I was wearing or what Josy was wearing or about the red wagon that Kady was driving, and all that.  And I don't know what the moral of the story is, but I'll wager it's "install a fire hydrant".

christena
# Posted: 27 Jun 2006 15:09

Hey wait a minute! What happened to me? :?

kady
# Posted: 27 Jun 2006 19:43

I got to drive a red wagon?! :?  I feel popular in this dream!

polson
# Posted: 27 Jun 2006 21:18

Cinna...you had bad curly 80's hair and big 80's glasses and you were wearing an awful floral patterned dress.  And Kady looked like a mini you, and whoever Karla was, she looked like Kady's twin.  It was a tad confusing.

brady
# Posted: 28 Jun 2006 00:13

I only read half of that because, well, words can bore me and there were no pictures.  But that sounds like an awesome dream!  I'm going to come back and read it again when I have more time, concentration and a drink.  =)

I have dreams about 10F sometimes.  But they're usually two dimensional and take place entirely in my inbox, seeing as how the bulk of what I do for 10F takes place there.  Isn't that odd.. inbox dreams..

B

iain
# Posted: 28 Jun 2006 01:28

Has anyone else ever had a dream about bringing the server up again from a server crash?

*looks around*

I'll get me coat...

;)
Iain

jayneway
# Posted: 28 Jun 2006 03:36

Personally, all my dreams are about Iain.  :)

nicoll
# Posted: 28 Jun 2006 07:23

I thought the moral of the story was "never invite Scottish people for dinner" :(

So I didn't really read it, can you blame me?  It was long and written in Polsonese which is incoherent for the most part anyway.

polson
# Posted: 28 Jun 2006 08:35

I had another dream about OTF.  Except didn't have any OTF people in it.  It's all rather very confusing, and releases some top secret information, so I can't tell you it, however, I can tell you that I got kissed!

bria
# Posted: 28 Jun 2006 09:19

Wow... that's a pretty cool dream, Polson! :D funny, anyway. :(

I dreamt about re-writing the stylesheet for the Senate site the other day. It just goes to show...

I've had other dreams about OTF, too. Plenty of them, in fact. One involved me talking to Ray and Iain on MSN, and I was so bored that I actually woke up. I'd tell you about another one of them, but I can't, because Ray would kill me. So all I'll say about it is this:

<3

:)

polson
# Posted: 28 Jun 2006 09:47

....my OTF dreams never involve the internet or email or msn or anything like that.

Does this mean I'm grounded in reality?  Or that I'm NOT grounded in reality?

bria
# Posted: 28 Jun 2006 09:56

It means that, unlike Iain, you will never have me and Shane yell at you along the lines of "This is the REAL WORLD, Iain! Not OTF!" when at a Union.

Which is a good thing. Just like anything that sets you apart from Iain is a good thing.

:)

kady
# Posted: 28 Jun 2006 23:07

I'm a mini clone of Cinna? :?  

And Karla is actually Brady Kady dressed up as a girl.  He takes this twin business very seriosuly....

christena
# Posted: 30 Jun 2006 18:07

I have a mini Me! :k  Pats Kady on the  head and gives cookies*

*holds her  pinky finger to the corner of her mouth and laughs evily* :k

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.047
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0