· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Puzzle
jadzia_jones1
# Posted: 21 Jul 2006 11:33

Puzzle 1

If you are in a dark room with a candle, a wood stove and a gas lamp. You only have one match, so what do you light first?

Puzzle 2

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing is wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Puzzle 3

Starting with a five letter word, change one letter to create a new word. This word is then changed by one letter to create another new word. For example, DOG, DIG, FIG etc. These words in turn mean:

a gaggle of geese
a device for measuring time
what you can do with a mouse
a baby chicken
a device to prevent wheels from moving
a surprise
a small house
a pile of cards
a small piece of wood
unable to move

polson
# Posted: 21 Jul 2006 18:06

Puzzle one, I worked out for myself.  The first thing you light is the match.

Puzzle two I knkow the answer from a previous time I was asked, so I won't answer.

Puzzle Three...I hate word arranging.  I refuse to expend my time and energy on it :o

jedimkypd
# Posted: 21 Jul 2006 20:20

I have the first 2...but for the third I got stuck at a device to prevent wheels from moving :(

KypD

polson
# Posted: 21 Jul 2006 21:16

Chock

demonvamp
# Posted: 22 Jul 2006 09:10

I'm thick.

QD :(

christena
# Posted: 22 Jul 2006 14:29

stuck

jedimkypd
# Posted: 22 Jul 2006 18:13

oh..chock *l*...when i asked around, I got "chuck" :(

-KypD

jadzia_jones1
# Posted: 22 Jul 2006 22:41

<!--QuoteBegin--jadzia_jones1+July 21 2006,11:33--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (jadzia_jones1 @ July 21 2006,11:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->Puzzle 1<br><br>If you are in a dark room with a candle, a wood stove and a gas lamp. You only have one match, so what do you light first?<br><br>Puzzle 2<br><br>This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing is wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!<br><br><br>Puzzle 3<br><br><br>Starting with a five letter word, change one letter to create a new word. This word is then changed by one letter to create another new word. For example, DOG, DIG, FIG etc. These words in turn mean: <br><br>a gaggle of geese<br>a device for measuring time<br>what you can do with a mouse<br>a baby chicken<br>a device to prevent wheels from moving<br>a surprise<br>a small house<br>a pile of cards<br>a small piece of wood<br>unable to move<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--><br><font color="gold" size=2 face="Dungon">Puzzle 1<br><br>The match!<br><br><br>Puzzle 2<br><br>The letter 'e', which is the most common letter in the English language, does not appear once in the paragraph.<br><br><br>Puzzle 3<br><br>Flock, clock, click, chick, chock, shock, shack, stack, stick, stuck. <br><br><!--EDIT|jadzia_jones1|July 22 2006,22:51-->

jadzia_jones1
# Posted: 22 Jul 2006 22:47

Puzzle 4

A long train, half a kilometre long, is about to enter a long tunnel. The tunnel is 10k long. If the speed of the train is 35kph, how long will it take for the entire train to pass through the tunnel - from the front of the train entering to the end of the train leaving the tunnel?

Puzzle 5

How many days before 17th August is it, if 50 days ago, it was four times as many days since March 30th?

Puzzle 6

Below you will find 10 well-known eight letter words, with only their endings remaining. Can you determine the words?

.....yee
.....egy
.....igm
.....lse
.....paw
.....com
.....bow
.....bet
.....lel

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.031
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0