· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Jude Law is Zod?!
dierna
# Posted: 10 Aug 2006 10:14

Jude Law is in talks to appear in the Superman Returns sequel as the Man of Steel’s arch enemy General Zod. The role was made famous by Terence Stamp opposite Christopher Reeve in Superman 2 in 1980.

Law, 33, who resembles the younger Stamp, has so far resisted appearing in big screen action franchises but is a comic book fan.

A Warner Brothers source says: "Zod is going to be the main bad guy in the second film. Some say they should use an unknown but the director Bryan Singer is looking at Jude. The similarities between him and Stamp are clear."

Law turned down an offer to fill Superman’s Lycra catsuit two years ago, admitting: "My greatest fear is that a role like that would define me. Do I want to be known from here on in as Superman?

"I’d feel the same way about being James Bond. They are iconic characters and there is also pressure in stepping into someone else’s tights."

Brandon Routh will again don the cape and Y-fronts as Superman, with Kevin Spacey returning as Lex Luther.

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=21381

Dierna note: Beware Zod...again! :P

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.023
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0