· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / David Tennent's Who travels to sci-fi!
dierna
# Posted: 11 Aug 2006 17:06

SCI FI Channel and BBC Worldwide Americas announced a major licensing agreement for SCI FI to air the second season of the hit British SF series Doctor Who in the United States. The series will return to SCI FI on Sept. 29, kicking off with a two-hour premiere that will include the "Christmas Invasion" special in which David Tennant is introduced as the 10th Time Lord.

Billie Piper returns as the Doctor's feisty young companion, Rose Tyler, and together they will travel through time and space battling new and returning aliens and monsters.

Chris Regina, vice president of programming, SCI FI Channel, said in a statement: "Our audience has clearly embraced Doctor Who, and it has delivered a significant increase in viewers in the time period. We are looking forward to keeping the momentum going with David Tennant as the new Doctor."

Executive producer and lead writer Russell T Davies said in a separate statement: "We were delighted by the first season's success in the U.S. and can promise new thrills, new laughs, new heartbreak and some terrifying new aliens in season two."

Executive-produced by Davies and Julie Gardner, the second season of Doctor Who was the most popular program on Saturday nights when it aired on BBC One in the United Kingdom to critical acclaim.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=37456

Dierna note: WOOT!  :k

lzrman
# Posted: 11 Aug 2006 22:20

Lzrman note: Double W00t!

quincyw
# Posted: 15 Aug 2006 04:11

Okay... Meh, just meh.

Sorry, maybe my brain's just fried after a day of serving customers.

But Series Two actually hasn't been too hot for me. My thoughts regarding S2 has been pretty lukewarm. Although enthusiastic and enjoyable, very few rate highly with me. The one exception so far is School Reunion, which went into my top ten.

But really, most of S1 and S2 were actually mediocre. Enjoyable, but not high quality.

babel
# Posted: 17 Aug 2006 11:12

Couldn't disagree with you more, Quincy, I thought S2 was superb throughout.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.021
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0