· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Please help me with
mustaine
# Posted: 31 Aug 2006 19:31

I'm breaking a secret I've had all my life that few peeps know.  I'm adopted I rarely ever discuss this with anyone not because I'm embarrased but for the circumstances behind my adoption. Here's the story as I know it.

When I was thirteen or fourteen my parents broke the news to me that I was adopted cause I was starting to realize that

1. I didn't have anything in common with any of my six siblings

2. All the males in my family where well built and over six foot tall (I'm 5'8 and weigh about 155 pounds)

3. I didn't look like anyone in my family (I'm the only in my family with redhair)

From what we can figure out I was born somewhere in western canada sometime possibly around April or May of 1974.  My birth parents didn't actually put me up for adoption I was abandoned at Calgary General Hospital (could of been a different hospital but I think that was what my parents told me) around June of that year my mother was a nurse at the time in a retirement community there and her friend had told her about me.  Thankfully her and my father who already had six children of their own took me in and adopted me.  I have lead a life of privledge ever since then my dad bought and tought me to play my first guitar at 10 took me to Indianapolis Indians games ever summer.  He co-signed for me to get my very first car which I still own to this day a 1991 Pontiac Trans Am.  Don't get me wrong I'm not a spoiled Rich kid my parents never walked a mile for me but they where always there to give me a hand when I fell or be a cruch to help me walk it myself.  When I found out I was adopted I wasn't mad and rarely ever thought about it.  It didn't matter to me they where my Mom and Dad.

I've always said any idiot can have a child it takes a bigger person to be a parent.  Which is my dilema now I am a parent of a beutiful six year old little girl.  My daughters mom would like to get medical history the only prob is I don't know who the heck I really am.  I've been dreading over this for months.  A freind of mine recently put me in touch with a guy who has had great sucsess in situation like mine.  Even know I was abandoned there has got to be a paper trail somewhere right?

The thing I'm trying to decide is should I give this guy the go ahead to search for my Biological parents?  Or should I just leave sleeping dogs lay?  I have no intrest in this myself but the Ex is right maybe I should get some medical background

maxmeieriii
# Posted: 1 Sep 2006 02:57

While this is very personal, I know all too well how medical histories can affect children.

Personally, if I were adopted, I myself would find out as much as I could about my past, regardless of reasons why the adoption happened. The chances of finding anything negative may be slim, but I'd say it'd be a good call to check it out, as it is better to be safe than sorry.

If it would put anyone's mind at ease, I would do it, but that's my perspective. The whole paper trail bit will take time to chase it all down, but it would probably be in your best interest to do so, as you might find some interesting things out.

So to simply answer your question, I'd say go for it. There would be no harm nor foul to do so, and I'm sure it would put your child's mother at ease. :)

demonvamp
# Posted: 1 Sep 2006 10:14

All I can think of to say is about Superman, in that he found himself placed with great parents, and finding out about his real parents didn't change the fact they were the ones he considered to be mom and dad...

I make no sense. Good luck, Mic;)

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.019
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0