Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Steve Irwin has died
christena
# Posted: 3 Sep 2006 22:17

This is so sad..it makes me cry. What a freak accident. :(  :(

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200609/s1732439.htm

Cinna :(

polson
# Posted: 3 Sep 2006 22:20

The link didn't work for me.  Who's Steve Irwin?

Oooh...I looked up his name.  The Croccidile Hunter!  I have a little figure of him wrestling a croc...

dierna
# Posted: 3 Sep 2006 22:45

A Stingray! He was killed when a Stingray stabbed him in the heart! WTF?!

All these years people figured one of the crocs would get him... nope...died from being poisoned by a Shark relative. :?

Really sad thing is that Terri is somewhere in mountains doing another documentary so she probably doesn't even know! :?

You will be missed Steve....

krillen488
# Posted: 3 Sep 2006 22:56

i find it kinda ironic... he messes with the most poisonus snakes in the world.. and Crocs.. and somethign you're all owed to pet at seaworld does him in :D

kittykat
# Posted: 3 Sep 2006 23:28

bloody hell is all I can say.

david1
# Posted: 4 Sep 2006 05:12

I use to love watcing him on TV. Was a brave guy, and im Sad to hear this happened to him.

May he RIP.

Link to news article

XZ

citron
# Posted: 4 Sep 2006 05:23

At least he died doing what he loved most.

lythria_2005
# Posted: 4 Sep 2006 05:44

<!--QuoteBegin--citron+Sep. 04 2006,05:23--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (citron @ Sep. 04 2006,05:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->At least he died doing what he loved most.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--><br>yes...RIP Steve Irwin - STINGRAY HUNTER...<br><br>I'm really quite sorry...Steve Irwin was one of the most entertaining guys I have ever seen....<br><br>not only was he brave, but he was funny and charismatic...he was the real life "Crocodile Dundee"...and everyone should remember his brave and noble efforts to help the natural world...and help bring Humans and Animals together...<br><br>he was...in truth...a modern day hero...<br><br>RIP...

jaquaia
# Posted: 4 Sep 2006 06:03

I loved watching his programs, I'm not a fan of wildlife films but he made them worth watching

RIP Steve

demonvamp
# Posted: 4 Sep 2006 08:47

I have to admit to being rather gutted. I hada big soft spot for Steve, after watching a lot of his shows, and it's a terrible, terrible shame.

He made me smile and not a lot does that, the world needed people like him and it's a colder, darker place without his enthusiasm and passion.

QD :(

wenche_from_norway
# Posted: 4 Sep 2006 09:32

Stevo you be missed,gravely missied,TV will never be same without your shows on animal planet :( we miss you

CROCKS RULEEEEEEEEE

sirhc
# Posted: 4 Sep 2006 09:49

i remember when my dad watched the crocodile hunter almost every day, and i used to watch it with him, thinking of how brave steve always was. indeed, just like was posted earlier by demonvamp, the world will be a colder and darker place without him :(

R.I.P. steve irwin :(

quincyw
# Posted: 4 Sep 2006 14:48

I visited his Australia Zoo about several years ago and although he wasn't there that day, you could see the pride he takes in his work. How lovely the enclosures are. How each animal and specimen is treated with respect, how clean, tidy and large their cages are.

I can't say I enjoyed watching him. I can't say I smiled or laughed at his antics. But nevertheless, he was indeed a true blue Aussie and the world is a dimmer place now.

RIP Steve Irwin

jedimkypd
# Posted: 4 Sep 2006 17:18

At first when I had heard about it, I thought someone was sending me junk through myspace, but gosh...this is a big shocker...and I have to say; To do a job like his, you have to have a lot of gut...and I mean a lot.

I'm gonna miss that guy  :(

-neeb

brady
# Posted: 4 Sep 2006 23:56

Aye, as Quicny hinted at Steve's death has hit Australia specifically and the world in general quite hard.  Our PM described him as an Ambassador of the country, a conservationist and an entertainer.  My heart goes out to his wife Terri and children Bindi and Bob.  Steve was an icon of indestructability, and his death is a real shock.  And to have been killed by such an innocuous creature - apparently there are only 17 cases world wide of a death caused by a stingray, only two ever documented in Australia.

But yes, he died a happy man doing what I love I suppose.  It's sad that he leaves behind such a wonderful and fledgling family.

imzadi
# Posted: 5 Sep 2006 15:08

RIP Steve You will be miss by many  Australians and the People all over World, thanks for the laughs you gave us and how taught so many people on  how animals need Respect also.

aussielore
# Posted: 6 Sep 2006 03:41

Only one word came to mind when I heard- "Crikey!"

polson
# Posted: 6 Sep 2006 08:01

Oddly enough, the day it happened, before it had happened, I had a postcard of him on my wall holding a tiger cub and it fell on the floor.  He's always falling down but I didn't think anything of it until later when I heard the report he died and looked down and saw his picture lying on the floor. :(

jamesdarklighter
# Posted: 6 Sep 2006 20:17

I got this from a friend on myspace so I thought yall'd like it.

Take a moment, close your eyes, and say a prayer.

Steve Irwin, lovingly known as the Crocodile Hunter, died on Monday doing what he loved; capturing wildlife on film in its own demain.

While filming Stingrays in the Great Barrier Reef, Steve Irwin was slashed through the heart by one of the posionous barbs on a Stringray's tail. He was paralyzed instantly and died later that day, leaving a loving wife and two children behind.

Irwin and his wife were very much in love, and now she will have to face life without the person she needs.  His two young children will grow up without knowing the wonders of their father.

If you ever watched The Crocodile Hunter, you'd know what an impact that Steve has made on the past decade of research. He bravely went where no man has gone, and he has done milestones in zoology and other forms of science.

Kids, teens and adults alike will join in their mourning of this great, charismatic Australian.

amandasp
# Posted: 9 Sep 2006 10:07

I'll admit, the guy annoyed me. But I feel for his children and Terri. No one will ever mess up saying her name quite like he did and I'm sure she'll miss that. Steve was such a big personality that I can't imagine the gapping hole that is left in the family now. He had a good heart and meant well. You can't say that about many people.

dierna
# Posted: 12 Sep 2006 22:30

Terri Irwin has announced that the public memorial service for her late husband will take place at the Crocoseum next Wednesday. It will be live on tv across Australia, the U.S, and Asia.

Not sure what channel tho but possably any of the Discovery Network Channels (of which I have all of em :D ).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060913/od_nm/australia_irwin_dc_3

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.024
Online now: Guests - 5
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0