· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Breast Cancer Awareness month
babel
# Posted: 2 Oct 2006 12:19

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

As you may or may not know, October has been designated as a month when awareness of breast cancer is highlighted, both in terms of fundraising (and I urge you to buy the little pink ribbons) but also in terms of educating people in going for their tests regularly, and self-examining.

This goes for us guys as well, as testicular cancer is similarly voracious and, no jokes please fellas, we need to be examining ourselves, too.

Please support the efforts by buying the ribbons and please examine yourselves on a regular basis.

jaquaia
# Posted: 3 Oct 2006 11:00

Multiple ribbons and teddies on shopping list for next payday  :)

christena
# Posted: 5 Oct 2006 20:05

I am  so  glad you brought this to the forefront. I have  a few  women in my family that have had breast cancer as well as friends and patients too.  You can never be too cautious. It can happen to anyone..it doesn't have to run in your family.It's much better to have the doctor take a look at it and it be benign or nothing to worry about,than to let it go until it's too late.
Please do as Babel said.. regular checkups by a Doctor,self exams and please.. if you find anything that is suspicious or just not right.. tell a  doctor. The earlier  something is  caught.. the better.

That reminds me.. I need to call my doc for an appointment..

Cinna

dommy
# Posted: 6 Oct 2006 10:24

Hello peaple,

This is indeed the fact, due to taboo with both males and females, breast and testicular cancer is detected later then it should have been in most of the cases!

For people who want to read up on the reasons and HOW to perform a self test see the following pages below. However it is recommended to have your GP check your breast once a year as well ( not that is always done ;) ).

Breast Cancer

See: http://www.breastcancer.org/ for general information.

The importance of self examinations: see here

And For information on how to perform a self test correctly, look HERE and/or HERE

and for testicular cancer

See: http://tcrc.acor.org/ for general information.

And For information on how to perform a self test correctly, look HERE

Your friendly neighbourhood nurse;
DommY

david1
# Posted: 6 Oct 2006 11:24

Eevryone visit tesco's and buy cancer stuff, or any other shop which sells them \o/

:)

aeon
# Posted: 10 Oct 2006 21:39

I suffered from cancer twice in my life, and I can only applaud for this kind of topic.

Check also the American Cancer Society Homepage, to learn more about this or other types of cancer.

imzadi
# Posted: 13 Oct 2006 11:52

It must be worldwide event because they’re selling so many things, where part of the money goes to pink ribbon day in Australia. I believe it a great and worthy cause, I remember the very first thing I got for Pink Ribbon day, years ago I got a Pink Ribbon Mug from Avon & i still use it today when I use I think It’s wonderful how people are very caring.

fat_man
# Posted: 13 Oct 2006 15:53

Yeah, remmber folks men can also get breast cancer.

I fondle my body parts regularry for irregular bumps and things.

Fondle yourself to stay safe \o/

christena
# Posted: 15 Nov 2006 18:34

I know it's late..well It's never too late!!
go here...

Noteworthy Petition:)

jadzia_jones1
# Posted: 24 Nov 2006 03:14

As said men need to 'checkyourballs' apart from buying  the little pink ribbons, buy the ball's pin too.. you can get them at most super market's..

I thought this might help anyone that might be interested..

http://www.checkyourballs.co.uk/

Jadzia

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.040
Online now: Guests - 5
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0