· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / What Will Happen Next?
kady
# Posted: 21 Oct 2006 19:42

I figure we'll do a creative writing game. Each person writes a paragraph and the next person continues it until we have actually completed a story.  Remember, it is your choice to make this as intersting or boring as you want it to be.  

I'll start.

Trista walked into the library and dropped her books down atop an empty table.  It was late and the library was mostly empty except for a man sitting in an overstuffed arm chair reading a newspaper and a 20-something male co-ed buried in a stack of periodicals.  The librbary assitant was engrossed in some internet site and paying no attention to anyone.  

Trista walked through the stacks of books and found the poetry section.  She picked up a handbook on Middle English and another on Chaucer's early works.  But, as Trista was rummaging through the shelves, gingerly tracing her finger along the spines of each one, she found something out of place.  The book in question was a large, scarlet colored, leather bound book with some sort of odd inscription on it.  Trista was well scholared in languages and could speak diction that the average person never knew exsisted.  But, the characters written on this book were like nothing she had ever seen before.  Trista wiped the light coating of dust off of the book and opened it's cover.

teekay
# Posted: 22 Oct 2006 14:18

Inside, there were pages upon pages with the strange lettering, after something that looked vaguely like an index page. Not even the page numbers were in a writing Trista recognized.

She turned the pages, when two things happened at once. A yellowed piece of paper with handwriting on it fell out of the book, and the librarian announced that it was closing time.

Trista hastily picked up the paper and stuffed it back inside the book, noting that there was definitely English on it. She then checked the back of the book, but it had no library number - in fact, it didn't even have the usual stickers and stamps a library book had. She stood behind the shelf, strange book in hand, and wondered what to do with it.

lzrman
# Posted: 22 Oct 2006 21:40

Again, the library was announcing that they were closing momentarily, Trista still puzzled at what she should do with this book.  She began quickly examining it page by page and came to the conclusion that she would hide the book somewhere, so that no other patrons would find it.  She began slowly walking away from the book, but curiosity got woven in her mind.

Trista went back to the book, strange in color;  a black, dusty and handscribed inscription that made this book look almost like pure evil.

lzrman
# Posted: 22 Oct 2006 21:44

While other patrons slowly finished signing books out of the library, a delicate and wise man, came down the aisle where she was mezmorized at this book, and said, ".......

darth_balco
# Posted: 24 Oct 2006 00:26

"Did you used to work at Price Cutter?"

"No, you must be thinking of my sister." Trista replied

"Oh silly me, that's right. I was thinking of Trisha. She was such a nice lady. How is she doing?"

"Um...she's doing..."

"Ah, not getting along too well?"

"Well, she's been dead for 2 years."

"I'm terribly sorry to hear that."

"Yeah, I really don't like talking about it."

"I understand, have a good day now. Oh and one thing, don't put so much blame on yourself."

The wise man walks away as Trista continues to stare at the book. It wasn't the fact of her losing her sister bothered her, rather how her sister died. The most common story is that her sister died of cardiac arrest but she knew that's not what happened. She remembers the night where she entered the house and saw her sister floating in the middle of the air, with a bright light shining on her back moaning in pain. When the bright light disappeared, her sister fell on the stairway and rolled to the ground. Trista always put great blame on herself, believing that if she came in just a few seconds earlier, she could've saved her sister.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.019
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0