· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Firefly returns (I wish)
warpedfactor
# Posted: 13 Nov 2006 22:00

Surely we can get off our collective asses and force a return of this awsome series somehow ... people did it for the family guy cartoon

seele01
# Posted: 15 Nov 2006 03:27

It won't matter, Fox hold the rights to the series and they will likely never consider it worth starting up again, despite the fan base it has acquired.

I also though Joss Whedon had decided to not pursue it anymore.

anth
# Posted: 16 Nov 2006 03:14

A cartoon series is totally different. There are no costumes, sets, or props. The longer something is gone from our screens the more expensive it is to bring it back.

I very much doubt if anything from the Firefly series still exists. meaning that it just heaps more obsticles in the way of bringing it back.

I believe Firefly was one of the greatest TV shows ever made. I'm just being realistic here. Family guy is one example. There are many others that have never been brought back.

Seele is quite right. Fox hold the rights. That is also a huge limiting factor.

Star Trek never came back until Next Gen in the late 80's. Firefly may have a fanbase, but it's nothing compared to Trek. That huge fanbase never got TOS brought back.

Enterprise never got brought back, and it had Sci Fi channel interested, and a proposal to continue making it in canada. That too had a big fan based campaign to bring it back.

Joss has finished with Firefly i believe. Otherwise, why kill off much liked characters in the movie, and give Serenity such a "Final feeling" finale?

demonvamp
# Posted: 16 Nov 2006 10:18

I've only seen the movie and, to be honest, it didn't knock my socks off. It was good, but I won't watch it again and hasn't inspired me to watch the series.

Now, if people want to bring back Farscape... (A)

anth
# Posted: 16 Nov 2006 10:41

You'd have enjoyed the movie alot more if you had watched the series first. trust me. I know they did try to explain alot in the film for casual non series people. Not sure if it worked though?

Farscape was ok, i enjoyed it. Now that SG1 is finishing, at least the cast for Farscape will be available again! *L*

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.014
Online now: Guests - 8
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0