· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / FunWebProducts
norrisa
# Posted: 19 Nov 2006 14:21

As of lately, I've noticed more and more users with 'FunWebProducts' in their User Agent. It appears to be a piece of Adware / Spyware; The FunWebProducts family consists of "Popular Screensavers", "FunBuddyIcons", "CursorMania", "My Mail Stationery" and "History Swatter". This software may displays ads, may change your browser settings, track your Web usage and slow your Internet connection. FunWebProducts is difficult to manually uninstall.

How do you know that you are infected?

If you see 'FunWebProducts' in this dialog box, then you have their software on your machine.

Removal Instructions

To remove a FunWebProduct and your My Web Search toolbar, you must do the following:

1. From your computer's Start button, select "Settings", then select "Control Panel".
  2. Double-click on the "Add/Remove Programs" icon.
  3. Select "My Web Search Bar" and click "Remove". The My Web Search toolbar and the FunWebProduct feature have now been uninstalled.

Outlook, Outlook Express and IncrediMail users: To remove a FunWebProduct and the My Web Search navigation bar from your email system, you must do the following:

1. From your computer's Start button, select "Settings", then select "Control Panel".
  3. Select "My Web Search (Outlook, Outlook Express, and IncrediMail)" and click "Remove". The My Web Search navigation bar and Smiley Central feature have now been uninstalled from your email system.

To remove Search Assistant (this feature provides you with suggested search listings when you mistype or enter an incomplete word or URL into your browser), you must do the following:

3. Select "Search Assistant - My Web Search" and click "Remove".

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.015
Online now: Guests - 13
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0