· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / 1 december, world aids day
dommy
# Posted: 1 Dec 2006 03:18

World Aids Day!

Around forty million people are living with HIV throughout the world - and that number increases in every region every day. In the UK alone, more than 60,000 people are living with HIV and more than 7,000 more are diagnosed every year. Ignorance and prejudice are fuelling the spread of a preventable disease.

World AIDS Day, 1 December is an opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV and AIDS. This year, it's up to you, me and us to stop the spread of HIV and end prejudice.

Lets take a moment te think about all the peaple infected and remimber the imprtance of prevention !!

monny
# Posted: 5 Dec 2006 03:22

Thanks for mentioning it Dommy.

I think that we in the western society have become a little complacent being that Aids appears to be a mainly African problem.
Just from my own observations here in the Netherlands is appears that many people feel that it is so far away and not a daily concern.  (I mean here they don't even use gloves when giving injections or taking blood.)

What's kinda scary is that in many not-so-open societies, the infection rate is increasing rapidly. The new AIDS frontier is huge and constant growing. India, China, Russia and much of Eastern Europe have growing infection rates.
I hope that these societies are able to overcome traditional views about disccusing sexually transmitted diseases in time to curb the pandemic from being totally destructive.

dommy
# Posted: 5 Dec 2006 07:18

Re: gloves ...

When working with needles wearing or not wearing gloves does not really make a diference .. If you have an accident you'll sting true gloves as well. In the work field it is only recomended to wear them when your own hands have leasures ;)

D

monny
# Posted: 5 Dec 2006 07:27

Hey what can I say...I'm American. :P

As far as I know in the US everyone wore gloves for like everything. It may not be required there but you couldn't tell by walking down a hospital/doctor's office corridor.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.022
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0