· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Another very important PSA
cmdr_worf
# Posted: 13 Dec 2006 04:10

This is a safety announcement after something I read in Ten Forward the other day.

A member claimed to have "pissed on a railway line to prove it wasn't electrified". I work for a railway company in the North of England and I would urge everybody not to do something so blatantly stupid.

In this case the member in question got lucky, but the railway I work on employs 'third-rail' technology, as does the London underground. This basically means that a very powerful electric current is pumped through a third rail at all times of the day and night to power the trains.

If you were stupid enough to urinate on this you would not survive... As an unfortunate young man found out last Saturday. He had been out in town celebrating his team winning a football match, and decided to relive himself on the way home. He did not survive.

Hate to sound like a lecturer, but please play safe.  :)

demonvamp
# Posted: 13 Dec 2006 08:43

It's like that eejit who swung from a live overhead cable, but didn't die because it had 'just' been turned off.

Some days, you've got to wonder what goes through folks' heads. Mind you, I suppose it is a way to weed out stupid. ;)

QD

skevington
# Posted: 13 Dec 2006 16:48

Next time i feel the need to relieve myself on the way home from the pub, i shall remember not to do so on the railway line! Thanks for the advice.  :D

Dmitri

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.025
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0