· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / What do you call it?
polson
# Posted: 11 Feb 2007 08:25

I always grew up calling it a Kangaroo Jacket, but when I experienced high school I realized quickly that calling it that was way not cool and everyone else called it a hoodie.  Then I got to college and all the Saskachewans there called it a "bunny hug" which most assuredly would've gotten them beat up in an Albertan high school.

So what do YOU call them?

anth
# Posted: 11 Feb 2007 08:39

A "Hoodie" in the UK.

Its sure to be in the Oxford English dictionary soon. If not already.

In the UK they are infamous! Many people, stupid ones that is. have it in their heads that anybody who wears one is a criminal. Teens, or any age group for that matter are not allowed to wear them in many shops, or malls here. If you walk into a supermarket wearing one you are asked to leave! Incase you're an armed robber or something.

There was a lady in her 70's in my local area who was asked to leave a shopping centre for wearing one.

I'm not joking.

demonvamp
# Posted: 11 Feb 2007 10:04

^^ What Anth says. I own one, but then I am a thug.

QD (A) In ur pockets, stealin ur pennies.

polson
# Posted: 11 Feb 2007 20:01

Really?  Oh wow, I live in this one red hoodie of mine, I use it as a winter jacket, a spring jacket, a summer evening jacket...if I'm outside and it's not warm enough to wear a t-shirt, I'm wearing it.  Consequently, I always wear it to stores and malls and such.  Here hoodies are such standard wear, I can't imagine them outlawing them in stores, they'd probably have to turn away 50% of their shoppers...

My roomates live in hoodies too.

aeon
# Posted: 11 Feb 2007 20:13

I call it "Kapuzenpullover", but only because that's the German word for it. On the other hand... I knew that there would be a time for my super hilarious chatsave. So, huzzah!

Click and laugh. And don't even think of stealing it; I have friends with Type X.

A.

lzrman
# Posted: 11 Feb 2007 21:31

I Call it a Hoodie.   And I think that I stereotype shoplifters to much using a hoodie to disguise themselves, face, mannerisms etc...  Guess Ill look for the 70 yr old grandma :D

darth_balco
# Posted: 11 Feb 2007 23:00

I have a SMS hoodie. *nods*

leia1
# Posted: 13 Feb 2007 05:44

ok...no hoodies in the UK...got it

but but but but i LIVE in my sorority hoodie  :(

~Paige

kassandra
# Posted: 16 Feb 2007 18:53

umm...how about sweatshirt with a hood?

Feeble
# Posted: 16 Feb 2007 19:53

In Aus, as far as i know, the only name is a hoodie...
I got two, same design from mountain designs... and they's the most sporty things i own *LOL*

polson
# Posted: 16 Feb 2007 21:42

I've got three hoodies and two zip up hoodies, and that's nothing compared to what my roommates have.

Funny conversation Sonja and I had when she was living in Aussie land...

S: It's 48 C out and I'm wearing a hoodie.
Me: It's -48 C out and so am I.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.015
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0