· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / What ever happened?
ajcardall
# Posted: 22 Feb 2007 11:30

To a lot of the old glorious projects, that have now fallen silent, gathering cobwebs in the corners of OTF, vainly clinging to life and trying to hold onto past glories? It is a shame that a lot of the once popular projects have sadly ebbed away with time, and, I guess, a lack of interest. I understand there are many reasons - people move on from their positions; there isn't enough man-power around to fix them all; people forget about them; popularity wanes and dies. Once the rut begins it is difficult to stop - I know this from experience with one or two projects I tried to breathe life into.

So, I guess what I'm saying is perhaps it's time we dug up the old, dying projects, gave them face lifts, revamped them, gave them fresh blood and get the interest flowing again. There's still potential out there - let's mine it!

Cheers,
Androo Jaym's

skevington
# Posted: 23 Feb 2007 10:18

Any specific projects you got in mind, or did you just feel like making a pretty motivational speech? 'tis was very good, wanna come campaigning with me?  :P

Dmitri

kayana
# Posted: 23 Feb 2007 23:39

AJ, if you want to get more involved in project management send an email to Brady or Daniel asking to get in on the projects management team in Ops! :)

polson
# Posted: 24 Feb 2007 06:38

AJ!  I have snuck into the OZD, where I'm told I can do anything I want!  Yay!  What would you like me resurect?

ajcardall
# Posted: 24 Feb 2007 07:40

Lee - I don't like saying, because the people involved in said projects may get offended, ya know?  :P

Kayana - Isn't that Danny's job already?  :P

Polson - "snuck", or "broken into"? :(  ;)

aeon
# Posted: 24 Feb 2007 08:47

*feels offended* :( :P

And just for the record... we have hired Polson because she rules. Polson for President-ette! :o

kayana
# Posted: 24 Feb 2007 11:36

AJ, it's a big job, the more hands the merrier lol, go do it  ;)

polson
# Posted: 24 Feb 2007 15:30

It's true I rule.

AJ, and I definetly snuck in.  I broke into the ISA.  I was being much sneakier this time.  It was sutble.  They almost didn't even notice I was there until BAM!

brady
# Posted: 24 Feb 2007 19:20

Yes.  Polson did sneak in.  We must get that fence at the back fixed up.

And Yes!  There are lots of projects that have fallen by the wayside and beneath the truck and out the airlock.  But we're working on it.  Even now there is a proposal before the EC to get our Projects Management process up and running again.  If you're interested and have suggestions, let me know!  I'm all eyes.  Well, I have two.  And I will lend one to you for several minutes..

ajcardall
# Posted: 26 Feb 2007 04:01

Polson, you never cease to amaze me  :(  :D
Brady, I've emailed you with a few ideas, which you can either discard or, heaven forbid, consider  ;)  Not much in terms of how to actually fix said projects - the easiest way is to get people working on them again; give them public exposure so people are aware of them. Perhaps even tweak their mandates, or their appearances so they look new, fresh and exciting!  :?

lzrman
# Posted: 27 Feb 2007 15:44

I've noticed this too, there are some engineering, comm and even guilds projects that have died but are still there.  Not mentioning any specifics here but I would like Department Managers to take a look at there projects and see what can be revitalized and what can't.  

Maybe a Department Contest :k see who can out shine the other :k

Side note: I'd be willing to help outI'd like to help AJ get these projects from the grave and make them how they once where.

Lzrman

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.018
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0