· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Meteorite hits computer desk!
anth
# Posted: 10 Mar 2007 17:03

Space rock hits BLOOMINGTON USA.

( The images accompanying this article are nothing whatsoever to do with the actual events. They are simply there for dramatic effect. :P )

When Dee Riddle heard the breaking glass, she thought her bathroom mirror must have shattered.

What she found was quite different: A grayish metallic object about the size of a deck of cards had crashed through a bedroom window and into a computer table.

Intrigued scientists from nearby Illinois State University said it was likely a meteorite.

“In my 36 years of investigating meteorite calls, this looks like the real thing,'' said Robert Nelson, a geology professor at ISU. The last confirmed meteorite to strike Bloomington was in the '30s, he said.

Nelson and other experts ruled out the possibility that it had been thrown by someone near the house, and they said it wasn't likely to have been space junk from a satellite or spacecraft. The U.S. Geological Survey's meteorite center in Flagstaff, Ariz., will take part in trying to positively identify the object, Nelson said.

The object hit around 9:30 a.m. Monday, Riddle said.

This is NOT the computer desk that was hit... It's obviously not a real computer desk at all! Much too tidy.

“We were just lucky no one was sitting at the computer when it happened,'' she said.

http://anthmartian.googlepages.com/thisislandearth

demonvamp
# Posted: 10 Mar 2007 17:04

Kryptonite!

*Waits for a tiny Clark Kent to rescue her*

I have not just finished watching the season two Smallville boxset... (A)

QD

anth
# Posted: 10 Mar 2007 17:10

Keep away from Bloomington USA! metoer freaks will be running amock for sure. :P

technically, it should be meteorite freaks. A meteor is only a meteor while its up in the air, as soon as its on the ground its a meteorite. *takes of my geek head and puts it away* :D

There are such things as meteorites with "Krypton" in them. I always wanted one! You never know if i ever want to make a bid for world domination it would be handy to keep in my pocket. just in case.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.026
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0