· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / A New State of Affairs
jaquaia
# Posted: 22 Mar 2007 08:55

As you may or may not know, I have taken over as Team Leader of the WG from Babel. This is a huge task for me what with being fairly new, not only to Guilds, but to OTF as a whole.

I want to work with my team and the community as a whole to make the WG more active. This is where you lovely people come in.

I know it has been done before, but what do you lovely people want? We're in the process of bouncing ideas around between ourselves, but what do you want from us? We're all ears and the purpose of this thread is to make sure we're working from the same page. Every idea will be considered so lets hear what you've got.

Future submissions need to be sent to me (jaquaia@outpost10f.com) and I'll try and make sure they're put up on the website ASAP.

I think we can make the WG a success  :)

Jaq
WG TL

aeon
# Posted: 22 Mar 2007 13:03

Personally, I'd want three things from the Writer's Guild:

- Less competitions
- More stories by both WG and OTF members
- Tutorials for creative writing etc. and stuff

Y'know, don't get me wrong. But personally (and that is totally and entirely my own opinion and not intended to be criticism) I'm tired of contests and competitions. They are good for special occasions, like anniversaries or stuff, but we have competitions all the time. And yes, I'm no exception for that, if you look at my latest Engineering contest. But it's obvious, that members are not so really interested in competitions anymore. I really don't know where the problem is, maybe it's a lack of motivation, but maybe it's just the thing, that we want to see things from you. Surprise us. The Guilds people are the ones with the creative ideas, so ... be creative.

;)

jaquaia
# Posted: 23 Mar 2007 06:32

Oh we have plenty of ideas that just need fine-tuning, I'm proud of my team in the creative department. Call it market research. I want to know if the ideas my team are coming up with fit what the community want, if not, we need to know so we can go back to the drawing board.

estelle
# Posted: 1 Jul 2007 22:50

What would be nice is if writers can get reviews/feedback from their readers. Perhaps a link of some sort where readers can post their reviews. I know it helps a lot of writers to receive feedbacks or suggestions on how to improve their stories (or obtain help on subsequent chapters if posting in parts). Positive feedback gives them confidence to continue writing and to let them know that their works are appreciated. Maybe even include a hit counter to let writers know how many times their stories have been accessed.

We can also have a "Challenge" category. Let readers tell writers what they want to read. Post a challenge and see if anyone wants to take it up and write something out of it. It could serve as plot ideas for authors too :)

And if we get enough submissions, we can even hold annual awards :D

jaquaia
# Posted: 2 Jul 2007 05:34

Some really good ideas there Estelle, thanks, you've given me something to think about :)

I'll have a think about the best way to implement reviews, definately something I'd like to get going though as we get submissions.

Also love the 'Challenge' idea, going to have to see if we can do something with that!

:)

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.015
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0