· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / JJ - Tribute Thread
babel
# Posted: 24 Mar 2007 11:37

JJ has followed CT into the retirement home and I think we should let her know how much we appreciate her and what she's done for OTF.

When I was SC of TF, JJ was my Deputy and I couldn't have asked for better. JJ persuaded me to return to 'active duty; for OTF in the Guilds last year and it was precisely because it was JJ who asked, that I agreed. I work well with her, we have similar goals and aspirations.

More importantly, JJ is my friend - my oldest OTF friend, for close on eight years now. You should all know that in her quiet, undemonstrative and modest way, JJ has done so much for OTF over the years. She's helped make it the place it is and she kept the Guilds going - indeed, she led the Guilds to Department of the Year in 2006.

JJ is special. I love her to bits and will continue to lean on her for advice and feedback. Happy retirement, JJ :)

demonvamp
# Posted: 24 Mar 2007 14:27

I've never felt nervous about approaching JJ (or CT) for anything, which, for those who really know me, means a lot.

I think that sums up how I feel about the pair of them, they've done nothing but make me feel at home here. For that, I thank you. ;)

QD

rdmg
# Posted: 26 Mar 2007 15:32

JJ is a light in OTF.  She always has a welcome for anyone and everyone.  While I understand her need to step down (and most likely devote more time to the family), she will be greatly missed.

JJ is one of the very few really kind people I know.  While she might not be in a leadership role, she'll still be around spreading her joy.

deanna
# Posted: 26 Mar 2007 15:51

I <3 JJ! ...but she knows that already.
And since our rooms are going to be on the same floor of the old folks home, we'll have much more time now to run and frolic with the woodland animals *LMAO* while you 'youngins get to do all the work to keep the outpost flying through the galaxy!!

*loves on JJ and shares lollipops with her*

skevington
# Posted: 27 Mar 2007 02:44

Well, what to say?  :? While JJ may be stepping down, she sure as hell best get her butt online from time to time, because i'll miss her  :P

As far as Guilds go... having the opportunity to work with her has been both enjoyable and an inspiration. She's earnt nothing less than my utmost respect. And my friendship. Which are two things i don't give away liberally.

JJ is awesome and that's all there is to it. *nodnod*

Dmitri

jaquaia
# Posted: 27 Mar 2007 04:53

JJ was daft enough to trust me with a leadership position, what more can you say to that?  :D

I'm honoured that she gave me the opportunity she has done. I've enjoyed working with her, even if it was only for a short time and she will be missed!

tiamai
# Posted: 27 Mar 2007 14:45

Has visions of JJ and CT at that old folks home....  

its the afternoon, the old folks have just had their cup of tea and two biscuits (pleasethankyouverymuch) the staff are settling down to start their breaks while the old folks have a nap...  

BUT!

Suddenly, a loud burst of laughter followed by a very loud and dramatic explosion (with teckni-colour multi-colour voodoo pyrotecknics and acompyning badly spelt words to eat up blank text space)

They find JJ has attempted to set fire to CT's beardy-beardy with a FORBIDDEN fruits of the forest scented candle (in loverly-lilac I may add, and I have)  CT is flapping his hands about at his speedily deminishing imaginary beardy-beardy (it was so not there an hour ago when he was apple-dookin)

The poor old folks home staff calmly hand CT a sparkly ball while JJ goes running out the door making a bid for FREEDOM in the style of him outa braveheart, minus the blue face and over sized manly sword.  

They chase her down to the bus stop, and think weehey, no buses for an hour, lets get her, when out of the blue, along comes Kym in the funkeydeely pink palace on 9 wheels (with trees and a swinging hammock on the top deck).

Staff say sod it, CT says not very much (though drools slightly at the thought of more cup of tea and two biscuits (pleasethankyouverymuch), Kym drives along in her automobile, and JJ hangs out the window telling school kds to get a job you young punks!!!!

candyshop
# Posted: 28 Mar 2007 20:01

JJ, you rock, and I love you.

christena
# Posted: 29 Mar 2007 16:07

*LMAO @ Tia* you ain't right girl! but I lurve ya anyways!

ahh yes..

JJ meh  girl! There is noone that can somersault in a room and bring so much life to  it  like our dear JJ can! Thank you JJ for all you have done for the Outpost! Your  contributions here have been numerous and  most of the  time it was done with no appreciation given. well..I'm here to give it to  you as well as all these other  fine people have. You're one in a million sweets! You will be missed lots and lots. My main regret is not  getting to work with  you all these years. Funny  how when you think you have all the time in the world at your disposal..and then it slips through your fingers like sand....
You're a great friend JJ... I look  forward to  visiting the  retirement  center and talking  about strawberries and vacations.. *L* Make CeeT take you off somewhere really  soon..and tell  him  I said he better or no cookies for him. I have connections in the  kitchen there ;)

and I agree with QD.. JJ makes you feel at ease.. and that's a bit rare these days..you can trust her.
Thanks  again JJ for all your hard work and fun you put in the chat and OTF itself. You will be missed dearly by  loads but by me especially

*hugs*
Chrissy da Bunny peep (A)

polson
# Posted: 30 Mar 2007 10:41

JJ always told me to chill out.

I never liked that.

But I did like JJ.

My story is better. :P

monny
# Posted: 4 Apr 2007 00:53

Hey JJ and Ceet,

All this tribute stuff is like you guys died or summink.

Au contraire. You're actually gonna have a life now :P

Keep in touch guys and if you're ever on this side of the pond look us up. (The H dude loves showing his country off)  ;)

Von (and Hen)

jj
# Posted: 11 Apr 2007 12:38

No, we're not dead yet! ;)

Thanks you guys for your wonderful words, you made me laugh, you made me cry, you made me wonder who this awesome person was y'all were talking about, I'd like to meet her! *L*

Seriously though, y'all rock my socks!
Love, da JJ peep :D

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.031
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0