· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Flash Gordon series news
dierna
# Posted: 11 Apr 2007 15:39

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=25973

Smallville" alum Eric Johnson has landed the title role in Sci Fi Channel's upcoming series "Flash Gordon."

The 22-hour series, a contemporary take on the popular comic strip franchise, is slated for an August premiere. It will feature Johnson as space traveler Flash Gordon embarking on all-new adventures.

Peter Hume penned the first two episodes, which will be directed by Rick Rosenthal ("Smallville"). Production is to begin May 1 in Vancouver.

"Flash" is being produced by Reunion Pictures under an agreement with property owner King Features Syndicate. RHI Entertainment is distributing the series internationally. RHI's Robert Halmi Sr. and Robert Halmi Jr., who recently worked with Sci Fi on the miniseries "Legend of Earthsea," are executive producing, with Hume also expected to exec produce. Matthew O'Connor and Tom Rowe will serve as producers.

Casting is under way for the other roles, including Flash Gordon's fellow space travelers Dale Arden and Dr. Hans Zarkov.

The "Flash Gordon" comic strip was created in 1934 by Alex Raymond and is being distributed internationally by King Features.

Johnson, best known for his role as Clark Kent's nemesis Whitney Fordman on "Smallville," is repped by the Metropolitan Talent Agency, manager Jai Khanna of Brillstein-Grey Entertainment and attorney Bradley Small.

Dierna note: I can't see him playing Flash Gordon at all...

crazytexan
# Posted: 12 Apr 2007 13:03

:?

"Gordon's ALIVE?!?!?!"

ugh...

dierna
# Posted: 12 May 2007 11:59

Casting update for Flash Gordon:

Eric Johnson - Flash Gordon
Gina Holden - Dale Arden
John Ralston - Ming
Jody Racicot - Dr. Hans Zarkov
Karen Cliche - Baylin
Giles Panton - Joe
Panau - Nick
Jonathan Walker - Rankol
Jill Norah - Jill Teed
Carmen Moore - Jolie
Anna Van Hoft - Princess Aura

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that the only member of the cast I know of is Eric Johnson??? Cuz seriously...I've never heard of the rest of these people.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=41472
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Gordon_%282007_TV_series%29

david1
# Posted: 13 May 2007 05:50

I dont know any of them, however I have to say this.

Thinking back to when battlestar galactica came back, i didnt recognise and of those cast, and look at it now, an AWESOME series. In fact the best "sci-fi" based series to make an appearence for a long time. As well as Atlantis lol.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.023
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0