· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / POTC 3
polson
# Posted: 26 May 2007 11:19

Hey I saw this last night.  The experience was marred by a crappy sound system in the theater (boooo! ).

As for the plot...I gotta say I didn't like it.  It was well done and all and it was very piraty and funny and all, but I was just not happy when it finished.  Didn't like the ending, didn't like the way it played out.  I'm mixed on this one.

brady
# Posted: 27 May 2007 00:43

But... Orlando Bloom.

polson
# Posted: 27 May 2007 11:03

Brady, it's that very reason I am so unhappy with the ending!  Orlando Bloom!!!  I can't say any more without giving away spoilers, but I'm so terribly upset about his "fate" as it were.

korny
# Posted: 27 May 2007 18:05

I loved it in terms of being an all out pirate movie. But in terms of canon, it was not that good. It was as if the second movie had never occured, or the writers had simply disregarded it knowing it'd still make insane amounts of money, which of course it will.

polson
# Posted: 27 May 2007 20:52

Korny, yeah they didn't really make the story flow across the two movies, at least not impressively.  Granted, it was very funny, very entertaining, and totally pirate awesome, but the plot left me disappointed.  And Orlando.  I'm very very unhappy about Orlando.

korny
# Posted: 27 May 2007 22:18

I'm unhappy about Orlando too. Unhappy that he was even in it.  :P

darth_balco
# Posted: 29 May 2007 23:11

I just watched it tonight and I thought it was pretty good. Though I didn't like how it started off with them being in Singapore. A little transition from the end of the second film to their appearance in Singapore would've been nice. But other than that, I thought the plot was done pretty good. The thing I liked the best about this movie and the second one is that it didn't have that "Disney" smear all over it.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.022
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0