· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / In-Line HTML Proposal
ohm
# Posted: 27 Jun 2007 23:56

[Poll created as per Kayana's request, previous thread deleted - should have moved, I know...]<br><br><!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hey, in the EC we were discussing implementing a HTML editor into member accounts to make it easier to code pages. For those of you with OTF member accounts, what do you think? Yes, no or you don't care either way? Also, could some with the right forums access start a poll about this for me? (Or just give me access) Thanks!<br><br>Kayana<br><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--> <br><br><!--EDIT|ohm|June 28 2007,00:08-->

kayana
# Posted: 28 Jun 2007 06:08

thanks ohm!

lzrman
# Posted: 28 Jun 2007 09:59

for those with limited html experience it would benefit, however those with advanced knowledge wouldn't use such a tool

ohm
# Posted: 28 Jun 2007 17:20

I think it's fair to say that even people with "advanced" web authoring skills could find benifit in such a system, especially should they find themselves behind a restrictive firewall which prevents ftp access.

stevennorton
# Posted: 29 Jun 2007 07:32

Lots of people have time constraints as well, advanced HTML or ftp access aside, sometimes push button is the only viable option.

lucient
# Posted: 2 Jul 2007 08:38

I think even people with advanced HTML knowledge my like the idea of using this because they can use t to do an easy set-up and then just tweek it here and there, especially if they don't have alot of free time on their hands.

Luc

david1
# Posted: 2 Jul 2007 09:48

i totally missread it to begin with and put in no :(

As for putting in a html editor into the member accounts that would be a great idea, but things to overcome:

1: Would you use a pre-made one and pay for it etc?
2: Would you get a member of otf to make one? or maybe you could use one simular to the html editor inside the Entertainment Command? (if you have not been in there and seen it, there is one there, allthough it might be a little TOO advanced for an ordinary user....!!;)
3: Would it be a freebe? or would members have to pay for it? or alternative, offer it as a freebe, as long as the user has to have some "otf" advertizements?

Either way, for those users without a HTML editor it would be an excelent addition.

kayana
# Posted: 2 Jul 2007 12:27

david, :)

1)OTF would not pay for it
2)It would be similar to Dave's console in Ent and it would be designed by Engineers or some other OTFers
3)And it would be free for OTfers

So yes, no hidden costs, just a question thrown out there if OTFers want it added on! :)

lzrman
# Posted: 3 Jul 2007 22:57

I'd be willing to help out graphically on this idea.

kayana
# Posted: 6 Jul 2007 06:48

Hey,

Just to let you guys know, the final decision has been left to Maxwell as it is his domain. Thanks for all your comments. :)

Kayana

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.015
Online now: Guests - 6
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0