· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Star Wars Discussions / Star Wars IIV: What do you think?
naberrie
# Posted: 11 Sep 2013 19:50

naberrie
# Posted: 11 Sep 2013 19:51 · Edited by: naberrie

Where did my text go :/

Something must be up with the Forums.. to be continued!

naberrie
# Posted: 11 Sep 2013 20:03

Again:

Recently, I've been googling for information about the new Trilogy. There is a lot of information available, but only little of it credible, and even less confirmed by Disney.

In response to a message on a certain site, by someone who claimed to have been fired by Disney itself, I wrote my own ideas on the new Trilogy:

naberrie
# Posted: 11 Sep 2013 20:05 · Edited by: naberrie

[quote]
It has been said time and time again nothing of the expanded universe will be used. So lets assume that. So no Vong, game characters or Jacen, Jaina, Anakin and Ben (though I personally would miss them).

What would be logical for us to see in the next trilogy, is another jump of 20 ish years, like between 3 and 4 (thus also leaving room for spin offs and possible tv series).
In this case, it is possible to bring back Luke, Leia and Han (who would be 50-60 ish, hey, make-up and minor cgi can fix a few years!)for minor roles, which is likely, because Disney can't really ignore them (there was also some character overlap between the first two trilogies and they are needed for some connection to the other movies).
Both of these things make sense, right?
Now, the next bit is pure speculation, what I'd PERSONALLY like to see. I'm disregarding any EU, though some of it may seem somewhat familliar. I think it would be next to impossible not to have some overlap, since the Expanded Universe is so.. EXPANDED.

naberrie
# Posted: 11 Sep 2013 20:13

The next bit will follow shortly, for appearently I cannot put more than three sentences in the next post..

david1
# Posted: 12 Sep 2013 03:47

whoa.

forum spam.

Reading between the lines of all the information thats been oooozing out of the new trilogy talk....

it feels to me they're wanting it to be more then just a trilogy, im feeling they're going to make other films set in the star wars universe...

i.e. take a marvel or DC comics aproach to starwars

naberrie
# Posted: 13 Sep 2013 16:39

I tried uploading my story for the movies again, but appearently the forums have something against me
If anyone would like to read it, I'll email it or printscreen and upload, or something!

My question is basically what you all think will happen? Got any good rumors? Please share!

naberrie
# Posted: 13 Sep 2013 16:41

Quoting: david1
it feels to me they're wanting it to be more then just a trilogy, im feeling they're going to make other films set in the star wars universe...

I think we can agree on that much, there is some published information, by Disney itself, about spin offs (like Wolverine if we compare with Marvel), along with the Trilogy. I am personally looking forward to this!

My hope is there'll be a spin off for Darth Maul, his training should be epic!

7of24
# Posted: 13 Sep 2013 18:15

well they could do movies in the future and have future jedi looking at the events of when Luke, Leia and Han, or they could in episode VII where they show the 3 talking bout the past and possible how to set up the jedi order based on the teachings of the past

naberrie
# Posted: 21 Sep 2013 13:55

Flashback type of things haven't occured yet in Star Wars movies, but that might not stop Disney! It would be interesting... A talk about the past by our old starts might end up a little boring, but they could maybe consider mistakes that were made before and take lessons from them in the new jedi order?

I'm pretty sure references to the older movies will be made either way, what type of reference would we want to see?
'I've got a bad feeling about this..."

7of24
# Posted: 21 Sep 2013 15:21

well no matter if they do 'flashback' deals or go in a totally diffrent direction, it be interesting to see what they come up with. and even though George Lucas sold off the rights to Star Wars to Disney, Im sure Disney will still have George Lucas there as consultant and plot ideas since he pretty much created that whole universe.

naberrie
# Posted: 23 Sep 2013 18:24

It has been said he was going to be a 'creative consultant', so hopefully it is all the good of his creativity, and none of his indecisiveness

(Han shot first! Han did not shoot first... Han shot first! etc..)

robertwerner
# Posted: 26 Sep 2013 12:15

IIV? Really?

Don't you mean VII?

trekkey
# Posted: 26 Sep 2013 22:16

Quoting: robertwerner
IIV? Really?

Don't you mean VII?

Oh, wow.

I did not even notice that until now.

robertwerner
# Posted: 27 Sep 2013 01:38

*winks*

naberrie
# Posted: 29 Sep 2013 18:20

I noticed days ago and was curious when you guys would (Honest!)

7of24
# Posted: 30 Sep 2013 18:30

yeah lil goofs like that do happen

mohdanni
# Posted: 5 May 2014 22:17

so far confirmed are Mark Hamil, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and few others I don't know.
Setting is 35 yrs after ROTJ.

excluded from Star Wars canon are everything in writing and video games except for Clone Wars and eps. 1-6.

This could be very good or very upsetting, so buckle up and enjoy the ride

chiropnid
# Posted: 7 May 2014 02:49

My primary concern is that they will Disneyfie it. I can see it now, Tinkerbell engaging in fairy dust fights with Mickey Mouse. *Cringes*

7of24
# Posted: 11 May 2014 17:25

well Im assuming they are going to show han leia and luke all having families by now since its going to be 35 years after ROTJ, but Im wondering if they are going to take some hints from books on that or are going completely jumping the shark.

because if they are not going to include any of the books or video games and stuff like that, then in some sense any of the new movies are going to be alt history then what is already in books. hell its already going to be alt history if they are bringing mayhew back to play Chewbacca, and the time frame that they are planning on doing Chewie is already dead by that time that they are trying to put into play.

forcebucket
# Posted: 13 Mar 2015 03:19

I know they will not disneyfile it. Disney owns so much and they do a good job of keeping different parts separate. Remember they own marvel, did they disneyfile x men or spiderman no! they keep it all in their respective fields. If you want to see what would happen if it was disneyfiled then watch the prequels! Jar Jar is a stupid disney cartoon that somehow got lost and bumped into qui gonn and obi wan

also star wars is in good hands with jj abrams that guy KNOWS what he is doing

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.031
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0