· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Star Wars Discussions / Star Wars artist Ralph McQuarrie R.I.P.
generalmax
# Posted: 15 Jun 2012 09:16 · Edited by: generalmax

Ralph McQuarrie, the artist who helped George Lucas bring Star Wars to the big screen, has died aged 82.

The conceptual designer created the look of characters including Darth Vader, Chewbacca and R2-D2 and C-3PO.

He also worked on the original Battlestar Galactica TV series and Steven Spielberg films ET and Cocoon, for which he won an Oscar.

A tribute on his website said: "We'll miss you Ralph. You will forever be the brightest star in our galaxy."

If you would like to pay your respects in writing you can visit Ralph's Facebook page or alternatively you can write to tribute@ralphmcquarrie.com

http://www.ralphmcquarrie.com/

josswetalos
# Posted: 22 Jun 2012 21:34

I know exactly whom you're talking about. He was a huge influince on my art, and sci-fi spirit. I'm devastated! Ray Bradbury just past also. I'm drinking tonight. ( sniff ) Write something! Draw something for godsake! *( sobbing! )

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.018
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0