· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / LOTR/Fantasy Discussions / Do you believe in FAE?
cadetjaneway
# Posted: 29 Sep 2012 18:04

I was wondering if any of you fantasy fans believe in some sort of magic. Fae. As you know, this includes any magical being, such as elves, fairies, etc. Do you believe that there are, either in this world or in another dimension, such beings?

I do.

hydralisk
# Posted: 8 Oct 2012 18:02

My understanding of our universe tells me that things like magic and such don't exist, and many of the things that have been explained as magic or some other supernatural phenomenon have perfectly rational explanations. We still have lots of work to do in regards to explain much of the universe, such as quirks with our understanding of gravity, and how physics work at the Planck Length, but I would be hesitant to explain away anything as just magic. Then again, it is all within the perspective of the person. If a significantly advanced race came to visit us, and had technology beyond our comprehension, we might think of it as magic.

As other "dimensions." Well, there are theories of a multiverse, where the laws of physics and such that we may understand here do not apply, so I suppose there could be something out there that would fit our definition of 'magic,' however it would just be another observable phenomenon within that universe that could be explained given a different set of rules.

To me, the universe we live in right now is so fantastic and complex, that to make stuff up in addition to it just seems....excessive.

Just my two cents though.

mohdanni
# Posted: 17 Oct 2012 01:22

I don't want to type all that so I'll just say "ditto" and "no"

generalmax
# Posted: 17 Oct 2012 09:39

People will believe anything if you whisper it.

lotrchatter
# Posted: 17 Feb 2013 21:33

Does anybody know the significance of Gandalf's story about Saruman's betrayal??? and how it changes things for the council?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.014
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0