· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Television Discussions / do we have a stargate section?
supernova
# Posted: 2 Aug 2013 14:52

just curious, is there a stargate forum i can;t see or is general chat okay?
what did everyone think of it, and it's Spin offs?
think it'll be a series to get updated in 10 years or so? and how can it be updated when the tech is the gate and well it's the gate and they've been to Pegasus and all the places Universe went...
i saw every episode of all the shows, but i never did get to see the cartoon,
took me a while to adjust from the film to the tv series at first getting the hang of the differences between Richard Dean Anderson's O'Neal and Kurt Russell's playing of him,
the camaraderie and true sense of family is what makes any show great, and SG-1 had it for me.

soka
# Posted: 2 Aug 2013 19:50

No there is none, we only have specific Forums for the series which we have chat entrances for.

But it seems like you found the correct place to post about SG.

And I agree, I liked SG-1 pretty much, I've seen nearly all of it - may have missed an episode here or there in the later seasons, but to make up for it I saw 1-5 multiple times *lol*

One program kept running 1-5 on loop, one episode a day, for a few years... didn't have the rights for later ones probably.

The amounts of deaths though that Daniel had ... *lol*

Out of the spin-offs I've only really seen Atlantis, and that not even complete I believe - It was all right, but not as great as the original.

I think I'd only seen the movie once before I started watching the series, but not entirely sure, may have watched it only *after* I started on the series, so I didn't really have that problem.

supernova
# Posted: 3 Aug 2013 17:44

wasn't the switch to a different distrubutor done in the early days? maybe thats where the rights issue came in, i'm not too au fait on the switch over but very glad SG1 carried on the show

they thought about an Atlantis movie, and the Rodney - Sheppard byplay was great fun but it all started to slip apart, though the addition of Ronan was great.

I missed Carson in Atlantis but swapping over to Jewel Staite just worked,

SG1 is not a static show, with the wormholes they can go anywhere, having Atlantis as the 'home' base just perhaps didn't work as well as it wasn't 'home' and was a static place to do single episodes in? but then maybe that gave it enough difference to work?
it can be debated for hours....

to get a 5 season and a 2 season spin off was doing pretty well,
and a ten season show, when their are very few others that run consectively for that long?
doctor who and trek are long running but they do have the gaps, TNG made 7 series, as did Voyager...

10 seasons and 2 films, with such major lead actor changes I got used to, and enjoyed, was definately a success,
i do like to have a nice stargate evening now and then

soka
# Posted: 3 Aug 2013 22:04

I thought there were 3 films ... the original and 2 more with the series-crew?

supernova
# Posted: 4 Aug 2013 07:49

well yes 2 but the first original isn't SG1
the two set after the full ten SG1 series are part of the SG1 group

so it's :
film
ten series of sg 1
2 sg1 films
with concurrent spin offs running parallel or after
plus cross over episodes

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.024
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0