· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Television Discussions / Doctor Who: Bookies Favourites
supernova
# Posted: 4 Aug 2013 08:14

SO the top list this morning

Peter Cappaldi : apparently famous for his role as foul-mouthed Malcolm Tucker in The Thick of It, 5/6 favourite with William Hill when they stopped taking bets.

Ben Whishaw: The House, Richard II, Skyfall.
David Harewood: From the US series Homeland.
Rory Kinnear: Skyfall, Count Arthur Strong

they seem to be the top contenders, and they're pretty good at getting it close these days.

So an older Doctor, i'd really like that, i said that last time too but I really enjoyed Matt Smith's Doctor, and well the big question after who's the Doctor?

WHAT WILL HE WEAR?????

The winner will be sneaked into the studio in disguise to keep it as secret as possible,
Makeup artist with a phone anyone? Will they confiscated everyone's connection to the web backstage?

The guy who was in the Eric and Ernie show won awards and was on the list, Daniel Rigby.

but there were alot of varied actors and actresses from
Idris Alba (who ruled himself out)
Russell Tovey
Rupert Grint
Sheridan Smith
Dominic West

There were girls on the list (Sheridan Smith, Olivia Colman) but way down there so i'm going to say no debate on the perennial 'it's a bouncing female doctor' debate eh?

7of24
# Posted: 4 Aug 2013 18:37

well who ever it may be, it probably be someone totally out of left field that no one expected. but someone who has decent enough acting chops to actually pull it off.

but I been hearing stuff online that Matt Smith may have regretted giving up being the Doctor when he did. but with Doctor Who the main Character of the Doctor is always changing, we dont know when, but its always a treat to see how they switch over to the new person and see how people react to it.

supernova
# Posted: 4 Aug 2013 19:13

So what does everyone think of the news?

friend of mines been making jokes about him playing a W.H.O (world health organisation ) Doctor in World War Z

do we like him?

it's not a new thing having an actor turn up again
Tosh in Torchwood after her cameo as an extra in 2005's series
(which was justified as a Torchwood investigation into what was going on yes?)
and Martha Agymen's Martha after her little part
(justified as her 'cousin')

but the doctor himself ? and how do they explain him looking like the Pompeian? or just ignore that?

i suppose the concept was working it's way up the line.....
Torchwood to Companion to Doctor

cameronjb756
# Posted: 6 Aug 2013 18:54

The 6th Doctor was in an episode as 'Commander Maxil' in the 5th Doctors era, so its not new.

supernova
# Posted: 7 Aug 2013 08:28

anyone got any thoughts on outfits?
go back to a Hartnells esque look?
maybe a cross between Hartnell and Pertwee's clothing styles

something Victorian?
or maybe a 1920's look?

any other ideas?

7of24
# Posted: 9 Aug 2013 01:18

I dont know bout the look of the doctor, although each actor who played the infamous role had their own unique look. although from what I understand Matt Smith did kind of stylized his look on a previous doctor from what I understood but had his own unique look.

so whoever is the new doctor would be a surprise to see who they pick as well as stlye of clothes they would wear, and how the actor or actress would play the role as the doctor.

7of24
# Posted: 9 Aug 2013 16:41

just heard that peter capbaldi might be the new doctor though,a nd it was was possibly announced just a few days ago

supernova
# Posted: 11 Aug 2013 08:33

it was announced on the Sunday 4th special Revealing the Doctor programme on the BBC
Peter Capaldi

7of24
# Posted: 11 Aug 2013 15:20

yeah thats what I heard, just seeing if anyone got it, but I live in the states nova, and I use to get bbc america on demand but not anymore, just wanted to see if anyone couldve confirmed what I heard which you did

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.022
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0