· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Television Discussions / No Doctor Who film planned
generalmax
# Posted: 31 Jul 2012 18:22

Doctor Who boss Steven Moffat has said there is no movie about the Time Lord on the cards - and dismissed suggestions of a film as a "weird fantasy".

It comes after Harry Potter director David Yates said a new big screen adaptation was in development to the delight of many fans.

However in an interview with US magazine Entertainment Weekly, executive producer Steven stated there was nothing in progress.

The BBC series is soon to return for a further series with Matt Smith playing The Doctor.

"There isn't a film. That was all some weird fantasy going on somewhere," Steven said.

"That whole proposal was not true, did not happen. I can say that with authority because, as far as the BBC is concerned, I'm the voice of Doctor Who.

"So if I say it, it's true. The BBC own Doctor Who and, for the moment, I run it for them. So I can assure you definitively that was all nonsense."

The TV boss - who has also won acclaim for his Sherlock adaptations - said David had never been signed up to work on anything although he had expressed an interest.

Steven said there would "hopefully" be a film at some future date, and it would star whoever was playing The Doctor at the time.

"It will be absolutely run by the Doctor Who production office in Cardiff, Wales. It will feature the same Doctor as on television."

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.015
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0