· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Television Discussions / Farewell Amy & Rory
generalmax
# Posted: 15 Aug 2012 16:50

Amy Pond actress Karen Gillan, will depart from Dr Who in the fifth episode of the new series along with on-screen husband Rory, played by Arthur Darvill.

For more information, please click the link below:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/sad-farewell-doctor-star- 231306256.html

Enjoy.

Regards,

Max

quincyw
# Posted: 15 Aug 2012 23:53

Spoilers?

7of24
# Posted: 16 Aug 2012 21:37

hey max what did I say bout giving out spoilers, do you have one of those lil blue books with all the answers like River?

generalmax
# Posted: 17 Aug 2012 08:40

- Good point well made

You're right, my bad - sorry people, I should have put spoilers in the title or something.

Max

7of24
# Posted: 6 Oct 2012 21:09

I finally saw the episode, not sure if anyone else has, and if your reading this and havent read it yet, please stop if you dont want spoilers.

good god that was a touching episode, I know all of the doctors companions eventually move in some fashion or another as bout as frequently as the doctor regenerates but oh man.

but to see them go out the way they did because of the weeping angels. but at least they went out with the whole family there (ie amy and rory's daughter river and son in law the Doctor). and that moment between the Doctor and Amy at the end. I say if you didnt have a tear when saw that I dont know whats wrong with you. but its funny to see Amy leaving the Doctor a finally message the way she did.

quincyw
# Posted: 7 Oct 2012 08:27

If Amy getting Angel'd creates a fixed point in time in which the Doctor can never visit her again, how did he visit Amelia?

7of24
# Posted: 7 Oct 2012 20:10

well I think it was Amy's death that became a fixed point that he couldnt change, she went back in time to a point where he might not know and couldnt go back to and change if he wanted to.

but you also go to remember it wasnt the first time the Doctor tried to change a fixed point, earlier in the episode he tried to change a fixed point and it totally back fired on him.

and if you remember that invidual episode between cycle 4 and 5 he went to Mars to that ill fated mars mission and tried to change that too but that was a fixed point as well and we seen how well that turned out.

quincyw
# Posted: 8 Oct 2012 00:10

Okay, then. Where did the extra two years go?

• 26/06/2010: This is canonical. This is Amy's wedding day. (The Big Bang)
• 26/03/2011: Semi-canon. Let's assume exactly nine months between Big Bang and Demon's Run
• 26/03/2011: "Fudge". Let's assume the entirety of the last half of Series Six and beginning of Series Seven (up to Aslyum of the Daleks) happens without time passing in Amy and Rory's time stream, the day they left.
• 26/03/2013: Semi-canon plus "fudge". I'm still downloading the episode, but either Amy or Rory comments in The Power of Three that "it's been two years since we last saw you".
• 26/03/2014: Canonical plus above semi-canon plus "fudge". The events of The Power of Thre takes place over one year.
• "2012". Amy specifically mentions The Angels Take Manhattan takes place then.

Where did the extra two years vanish to?

7of24
# Posted: 9 Oct 2012 01:41

not sure, you got to remember this show deals with 'time travel', so you got to remember when they jumped into the tardis at the end of power of three they could go virtually almost anywhere in time so they couldve gone back to the point where The Angels Take Manhattan in '2012'.

plus you got to remember Amy and Rory did mention that the doctor did pop in and out of their lives at odd times as well.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.013
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0