· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Game of Thrones Discussions / Stannis the Mannis
learydp01
# Posted: 3 Jul 2013 06:33 · Edited by: learydp01

Leading his army to battle like a boss. He has his flaws, but there's something likable about him, eh? I haven't read the books, but my friend who has loves the guy. Also, it's interesting to see him and Davos talk. Makes me wonder how his relationship with the fire witch will play out.

tanneffel
# Posted: 3 Jul 2013 06:47

It's funny because Stannis is characterized as the unlikeable brother. Renly and Robert have their charms, but Stannis is so serious and stoic. People don't flock to his side, don't join his cause. He has no way with the people.

Except Davos. Which is why it is so important that we see Stannis from Davos' eyes. Stannis seems to be one of the few respectable people left. The one we can trust to be just and true. Joffrey isn't predictable, Daenerys has taken up a rather unfortunate cause. Stannis - surely he's the fire that will protect Westeros from the ice, the coming winter's chill?

learydp01
# Posted: 3 Jul 2013 10:12

Maybe that's why I like him so much. I can relate to the lack of charm, I'm a pretty serious fellow in real life HA.

But that's a wonderful point tanneffel.. he comes across as unlikable, yet I admire him greatly.

I feel like Daenerys' dragons may also be the fire that fights back against winter. But I like the idea of it being Stannis better. I wonder how things will play out if Danny and Stannis meet? Would they be against each other? Or perhaps form an alliance to fight the white walkers?

learydp01
# Posted: 22 Jul 2013 20:14 · Edited by: learydp01

After reading some more of the books, I've decided Stannis is not the one to save the realm. He's too just and honorable like Ned, and even worse, influenced by Milesandre. His only hope would be Davos knocking some sense into him.

mohdanni
# Posted: 23 Jul 2013 21:01

I find much about Stannis to be dishonorable...
his unyielding temperament,

unfaithfulness to his wife (with the consent from his loon of a wife doesn't impress me)

knowing he is playing with sorcery that demands the blood of innocence and justifying it as his manifest destiny.

His desire for the crown leads him to justify all acts regardless how barbarous.

If he did meet Daenerys, he should acknowldege her as rightful ruler, but that stiff neck of his will not bend

Stannis the Mantis (insect) is appropriate too.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.030
Online now: Guests - 5
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0