· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Game of Thrones Discussions / [S3E5] "Kissed by Fire" (Contains Episode 5 spoilers)
deboe
# Posted: 30 Apr 2013 17:29

A few things I wanted to ask from people who have also read the books. Some of these things I can't remember if I read them or not.

Did Tywin plan to marry Cersei to Loras in the books?

also as a side note, the books never made either Renly or Loras out to be gay did they?

Did Stannis' wife have jar babies in the books?

Where is Patchface? I heard Shireen singing one of his songs.

Strong Belwas also appears to be missing.

tanneffel
# Posted: 30 Apr 2013 23:12

Tywin gave Cersei a few options: Willas Tyrell, Balon Greyjoy, Oberyn Martell.

The books hinted at Loras and Renly, but it was subtle enough that readers did not necessarily catch on. It certainly wasn't what we're seeing in the show.

There were no jar babies. That was probably thrown in just to make the crazy obvious. They're a season late in introducing Selyse, after all.

Patchface may not appear. It looks like his role as Shireen's friend may be taken by Davos, of all people.

Strong Belwas :'( Don't tell me ol' Barry's gonna have to eat those locusts.

jamesgilfoyle
# Posted: 1 May 2013 11:46

Nobody has been cast to play Strong Belwas so I imagine the character was cut in the TV show.

I had thought that it was very clear regarding Loras and Renly being gay in the books. I'll have to have a flick through my books I think, make sure my memory isn't playing tricks on me!

tanneffel
# Posted: 2 May 2013 02:22

James, here's a look at the clues and hints as to Loras and Renly: [ASOS spoilers]
Anyone who hasn't read all of A Storm of Swords best not read the section labelled "5) Loras's Remarks on Renly"

If you're reading the book with any pace, you'll probably overlook the little hints.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.021
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0