· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gossip Corner / Voltron transforms to the big screen
dierna
# Posted: 10 Aug 2007 16:19 · Edited by: dierna

(er I hope Im posting this right. This new forum is a bit confusing. There's no link to post new topics)

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category= 0&id=43144

New Regency has partnered with the Mark Gordon Co. to adapt Voltron: Defender of the Universe, the 1980s Japanese animated SF TV show, into a possible franchise, Variety reported.

Producer Mark Gordon has been developing the movie, with Justin Marks writing the script.

Interest in the property hit a high after Transformers turned into a box-office juggernaut, raking in nearly $300 million to date.

Marks' take is described as a post-apocalyptic tale of survival set in New York City and Mexico.

In the animated series, five Galaxy Alliance pilots control vehicles shaped like lions that combine and form the massive sword-wielding Voltron robot in order to battle an evil menace.

Marks is also adapting He-Man and the Masters of the Universe for Joel Silver at Warner Brothers and the DC Comics superhero Green Arrow for Supermax.

Dierna note: Oh dear...I wonder how many people will compare it to Power Rangers??? But man I remember playing with the action figures when I was like 5. Loved the show.

kayana
# Posted: 11 Aug 2007 13:05

Thanks dierna for all the gossip posts The EC is discussing how the new forums system should be organised so hopefully it'll be neater in a bit.

Kayana

dierna
# Posted: 12 Aug 2007 17:41

Yea... it's kinda jumbled and the features take some getting used to. Im more used to the old forum and the look of the TMNT forum I hang out in. *lol*

I DO like that I can post and sign in at the same time tho. That's totally different from all the other forums I go to.

darth_balco
# Posted: 12 Aug 2007 22:09 · Edited by: darth_balco

Ya know, why couldn't he (the writer) set Voltron on ya know, planet Arus instead of Earth? Other than that, I'm very excited for this movie to come out, especially if they do the lions right.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.017
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0